Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The North West
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th January 2013, 17:35   #41
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

I had a great afternoon & some good food too! Sorry i missed the photoshoot Jim, I had to get back to Yorkshire before the border closed

Rik, i saw what happened & couldn't believe it - your little one was perfectly happy where she was. I really feel for you & hope it gets sorted soon.

Look forward to the next meet.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 18:40   #42
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default (Nearly) First and (Nearly) Last Tourers

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
For some, down the other end of the table deep in conversation unaware, it wasn't a noticable issue Rik.

I didn't know what had happened until everyone was leaving and Rik was talking about it. So sorry, I hope things don't get any more upsetting for you Rik.

No, I haven't decided to change the colour of the car to "Disappointing Grey". That's simply the result of a 15 mile blast down the M56. I deliberately parked next to Jim's beautiful Copperleaf ex-press Tourer (which he'd just finished peeling the cling film off, when I rolled up at about 13.30 ) so that comparisons could be made.

No, Rich hasn't been caught trying to hot-wire a Rover. Here, he's just taken out the fuse for my auto gearbox, hoping that it would re-set to default. Comparing our 2 cars, we had found that his auto goes into "neutral" at about 60 mph under deceleration, whereas mine "engine brakes" until about 40 mph.

After the journey home, I have to report that this doesn't seem to have made the slightest bit of difference. The thought now occurs "Is there a difference between the way Tourer and Saloon gearbox ECU's are programmed?" IIRC Tourers have uprated brake servos to help cope with stopping more weight.

Nice to see everyone again and thanks Rich for the drive in your car. It was eye-opening!

Good to see Chris and his Firefrost MG ZT. A car with some very nice features.

355188 of 355194

Last edited by Frank Incensed; 20th January 2013 at 18:42.. Reason: punctuation
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 20:02   #43
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssizefive View Post
I had a great afternoon & some good food too! Sorry i missed the photoshoot Jim, I had to get back to Yorkshire before the border closed

Rik, i saw what happened & couldn't believe it - your little one was perfectly happy where she was. I really feel for you & hope it gets sorted soon.

Look forward to the next meet.

Steve.
Steve, sorry I didn't get to talk to you until it was time to say cheerio, there was just so many people there today, a great meeting. Hopefully catch up with you soon.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 20:04   #44
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

JIMBO great pictures as usual, but I think even your's have been overshadowed today by Rik's lovely picture
Old 20th January 2013, 20:07   #45
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Incensed View Post
.................The thought now occurs "Is there a difference between the way Tourer and Saloon gearbox ECU's are programmed?" IIRC Tourers have uprated brake servos to help cope with stopping more weight.
My Tourer behaves the same as Rich's saloon, maybe the difference is between pre and post facelift?