Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th December 2006, 14:53   #1
lildevil
Avid contributor

Lexus IS200 (Previously - Rover 75 Saloon)

Angry Dent

Hi

I woke up this morning to find my n/s wing mirror to be push futher towards the front of the car than intended, luckily it still works. However what I found later today made me go absolutly mad! Some sad low life person has got someting like a hammer and HIT yes HIT my car bonnet and left a dent on the right hand side (when looking from the front of the car) of the driver's side washer jet. My poor car it has a misfire, and now it has a dent. Luckily the paint is still there just!

Well now I have finished moaning my question is how much do people think this will cost to get repaired? Bearing in mind that it is literally almost touching the washer jet. I am taking it to FG Barnes a Vauxhall dealer in Maidstone because that is the only garage who will give me a courtesy car while mine is being repaired.

Regards
Tom
lildevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 15:05   #2
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildevil View Post
Hi

I woke up this morning to find my n/s wing mirror to be push futher towards the front of the car than intended, luckily it still works. However what I found later today made me go absolutly mad! Some sad low life person has got someting like a hammer and HIT yes HIT my car bonnet and left a dent on the right hand side (when looking from the front of the car) of the driver's side washer jet. My poor car it has a misfire, and now it has a dent. Luckily the paint is still there just!

Well now I have finished moaning my question is how much do people think this will cost to get repaired? Bearing in mind that it is literally almost touching the washer jet. I am taking it to FG Barnes a Vauxhall dealer in Maidstone because that is the only garage who will give me a courtesy car while mine is being repaired.

Regards
Tom
Hi Tom

Companies like Dent Devils or Dentmaster will do a dent with unbroken paint for around £50.00 they come to you.
Don't know about the wing mirror though not enough info to make judgement.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 15:09   #3
lildevil
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
Hi Tom

Companies like Dent Devils or Dentmaster will do a dent with unbroken paint for around £50.00 they come to you.
Don't know about the wing mirror though not enough info to make judgement.
Thanks GG for the very helpful information as you great people on here always give out. The wing mirror appears to be ok luckily its just the dent. Well its all been arranged now so I will take the car up and see what they have to say. However with the dent so close may this not cause problems when trying to remove the dent?

Grey Ghost can I take this moment to say thanks for doing the great signature pic for me.

Regards
Tom
Old 15th December 2006, 16:03   #4
tourerfogey
Banned

Deliberate damage like this infuriates me. My Tourer has been keyed twice in the recent past and believe me I know exactly how you feel. I have now installed security lighting and CCTV at the front of my property.

The 'dentmaster' approach will probably be the cheapest solution (and the most convenient as they come to you at home or work)

Good luck

Last edited by tourerfogey; 15th December 2006 at 16:05..
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 21:30   #5
JP53
I really should get out more.......

2004 Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE saloon. 'Eliza'

Quote:
Hi

Regards
Tom
Dentmaster very good. Halfords offer a dent service also.
Sorry to hear some a***hole as done this to your car with a bit of luck next time the hammer stale will break and crack him/her on the head

"Eliza ... Where the devil are my slippers?"
JP53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 22:16   #6
lildevil
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Phillips View Post
Dentmaster very good. Halfords offer a dent service also.
Sorry to hear some a***hole as done this to your car with a bit of luck next time the hammer stale will break and crack him/her on the head
Yep. But with the dent being so, so close to the windscreen washer jet is it still possible for someone like Dentmaster to repair it?

Regards
Tom
Old 15th December 2006, 22:22   #7
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Quote:
Yep. But with the dent being so, so close to the windscreen washer jet is it still possible for someone like Dentmaster to repair it?

Regards
Tom
Likleyhood is that your dealer will get one of the dent repair companies in anyway and charge you a hefty premium. The dent firms will send one of their operatives to give you a quote if you accept the quote they will role up sleeves and do the job. Booking them to come and do the job does not mean that you have to have them do it. There will be plenty of times when they turn up and say that is beyond doing it at the side of the road and needs to go to a paint shop. They don't expect to be paid unless they do the job.
That was the way it was with Chips Away when they came to do my wheels.
Give one of them a call to confirm what I just said, don't take my word for it.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote