Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th December 2006, 15:43   #11
salop75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Conn SE Saloon Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
KV6 (2.5)?

Unbeatable

I second that! And sounds a little more rorty sporty if you remove the little trumpet thing out from the airbox.

John
salop75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 16:46   #12
jaffo
Avid contributor

freelander td4sport and mg tf 135

Default trumpet thing

what this trumpet thing?...and does it do any harm?...(presumably not)
jaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 22:05   #13
Simon
Banned

-

The trumpet is a small pipe inside the airbox in the engine. It's there to allow the car to reach various noise emission regulations amoungst other things. Removing it will change the engine note slightly. I do not know of any ill-effects of removing it but unless you go the whole-hog and re-do the air intake structure and flow then removing the trumpet on its own will do very little to sound and/or performance/economy.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2006, 14:22   #14
salop75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Conn SE Saloon Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon D View Post
The trumpet is a small pipe inside the airbox in the engine. It's there to allow the car to reach various noise emission regulations amoungst other things. Removing it will change the engine note slightly. I do not know of any ill-effects of removing it but unless you go the whole-hog and re-do the air intake structure and flow then removing the trumpet on its own will do very little to sound and/or performance/economy.
I fitted a ITG filter but have yet to replace the air intake hose, been thinking about replacing the whole airbox/air feed with that from ZT(if its worth it).

John
salop75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2006, 22:43   #15
Simon
Banned

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by salop75 View Post
I fitted a ITG filter but have yet to replace the air intake hose, been thinking about replacing the whole airbox/air feed with that from ZT(if its worth it).
Depends on what airbox you swap it with. AFAIK the airbox in the ZT190 is different from the rest but I I don't think its radically different.

Removing the trumpet from inside the airbox and finding a cold-air feed would be more benifiicial. See this thread as it details the pro's and con's of doing this mod... http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=1031 and this thread that details the finished article... http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=1365

Hope this helps! :lol:
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote