Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th July 2014, 09:25   #11
Last14
Loves to post

ZT 190 / 75 Club SE 2.5 x2 / 75 Connie 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Have you managed to link up with any of the members living in Australia? I was going through my photo collection and have various photos of the family Range Rover and Land Rovers out in the bush. They lead a hard life it seems, so everyone shares the ones which work and are fuelled up and if they break the parts either get shipped out or someone has to bring them out in their luggage. lol I suppose it is the same in Oz?
No - haven't hooked up with any ZT / 75's yet! Going to the MG@90 event in Brisbane next month, so should hopefully meet a few....maybe! I work away a lot too, in regional / remote areas, so i've missed a few events in the passed.

Yes, most parts i've either ordered in from UK from DMGRS or Rimmers or ebay...but some bits and pieces i've brought or people have brought for me for the ZT / Land Rover / Triumph....but if only i could get a donor car that would make things easier.....but too expensive over here still.
Old 6th July 2014, 19:37   #12
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last14 View Post
No - haven't hooked up with any ZT / 75's yet! Going to the MG@90 event in Brisbane next month, so should hopefully meet a few....maybe! I work away a lot too, in regional / remote areas, so i've missed a few events in the passed.

Yes, most parts i've either ordered in from UK from DMGRS or Rimmers or ebay...but some bits and pieces i've brought or people have brought for me for the ZT / Land Rover / Triumph....but if only i could get a donor car that would make things easier.....but too expensive over here still.
Yes hopefully you will be able to meet up with fellow MGR gurus at the MG90 event next month and swap notes Importing a car into Kenya is not that easy because of the regulations and import taxes. I brought out a lovely LED TV in my luggage and asked the UK supplier to mark it down a few notches for customs. Customs then marked it back up, adding on an extra 40% of the original price. They kindly asked me if I had anything extra for themselves lol Of course such things would not happen in Oz or NZ as I have seen some of the 'Eye on the Wall' TV documentaries at your Customs and Border Controls... Those guys do not miss a trick. 10/10 to them.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2014, 22:09   #13
Last14
Loves to post

Quote:
Yes hopefully you will be able to meet up with fellow MGR gurus at the MG90 event next month and swap notes Importing a car into Kenya is not that easy because of the regulations and import taxes. I brought out a lovely LED TV in my luggage and asked the UK supplier to mark it down a few notches for customs. Customs then marked it back up, adding on an extra 40% of the original price. They kindly asked me if I had anything extra for themselves lol Of course such things would not happen in Oz or NZ as I have seen some of the 'Eye on the Wall' TV documentaries at your Customs and Border Controls... Those guys do not miss a trick. 10/10 to them.
Wouldn't say it was easy importing to Australia and harder to NZ i understood (?). Only certain post-1989 cars can be imported without having to own them for 12 months prior. Import charges aren't that bad if item is lower value, but over certain value you can get slogged with a 40% tax. But the value isn't of course what it is in say UK, its what they determine it to be here. So a nice ZT in UK could be 1,000GBP, but here it could be valued at $12k. so tax is on that. as i understand it...!?! but with bringing stuff in, its a trade up between paying VAT and postage charges. whichever works out the cheapest. if sent direct, theres no VAT. if sent to UK address, save on postage but pay VAT.....swings and rounadabouts....

if the costs of shipping and taxes more agreeable i wouldve bought a dozen 75/ZTs by now.....starting with a V8 or two!
Old 24th July 2014, 21:11   #14
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoniww View Post
Hallo!!!! anyone from Nairobi, Kenya?????
Hello------Are you still with us ???
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2014, 05:12   #15
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Hello------Are you still with us ???
I wonder if the OP will come back as I do miss seeing a 75 and had been thinking about making him an offer for his
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2014, 05:19   #16
Last14
Loves to post

Quote:
I wonder if the OP will come back as I do miss seeing a 75 and had been thinking about making him an offer for his
Its only been a couple of weeks - am sure he's around !