Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th July 2014, 13:11   #1
DennisA
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Auto Saloon

Default Sean WinCE DD locks on CCD!

Hi all,

I have one of Sean's WinCE units and wireless reversing camera fitted 1/2013 by myself. Reasonably easy to install, virtually plug & play and all has worked well for 18 months, but lately I have had the unit going into CCD mode for no apparent reason (& I am definitely not in reverse), at the same time all buttons are non operational so the only way of switching off is by ignition and often on switching ignition back on it just reverts back to locked up CCD. This seems to be happening more frequently and staying locked up for longer lately.

When it happens the screen is black with the yellow camera and "no signal" message, I can also hear the radio very faintly in the background.

Disconnecting battery for 30 mins will put it back to normal and also inserting a CD/DVD will do the same, but it will at some stage revert to the CCD screen again, there is no pattern to this and it seems completely random?

I did install the reverse camera signal to the DD, Pink wire at back of DD, to the Blue wire coming from the camera receiver phono plug. This is shown as the "Reverse Detection Line" so I assume that this is exactly what it is for and it has and does still work well when I change to reverse.

When installing the unit I could not find the Green/Brown reverse signal wire as in Mr Edds excellent "How To" and before I try to find it again or hard wire the reverse set up from back to front I thought I would ask if anyone else has had the same problem or if any of the more knowledgable members could point at a less drastic solution?

Thanks for your help
Brgds
Dennis
DennisA is offline   Reply With Quote