Closed Thread

Old 24th January 2015, 20:29   #51
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
There are sometimes when I wish I wasn't green so I can say what I want
Pm me i'll say it for you, my last red card is 3 months old now. Not bothered which side of the fence you are on, i'll take the hit

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
Old 24th January 2015, 20:58   #52
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Guys,

I posted up the video to show a couple of plonkers riding bikes, it could have been a pair of planks driving cars.

The point was to show somebody's reckless endangerment of other road users and not to get into a heated debate on whether all bikers are cut from the same cloth, which of course we all know they are not.

It just shows the minority idiot for what they are.......mindless twerps of which would no doubt be just as moronic regardless of how many wheels they had underneath them!

Last edited by coolcat; 24th January 2015 at 21:27..
Old 24th January 2015, 21:45   #53
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I give up bikes a couple of years ago, but if I see a bike coming up behind, I always do my best to expatiate their ability to get past me. Why block or obstruct them, I cannot even hope to make their progress when I'm on four wheels?
Indeed my thoughts, people on motorbikes don't really imped* me on the road so I'm not really bothered by them one way or the other.

*Apart from one bloke who tried to his best to be run over by me, leapt out into the road waving his arms about for some sort of bike convoy they'd made up.
Old 24th January 2015, 22:24   #54
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

No, I couldn't say I have ever been impeded by a bike either except the Honda 50 I used to ride to work, and no it couldn't keep up with traffic, and you ****** near got flattened every time the lights changed.
I Have however had the **** scared out of me when one whizzes past at twice the speed of sound, which has often had me wondering if the speed limit actually applied to bikes. I also don't condone the opening of car doors in an attempt to dismount them, and as you rightly say car drivers should know better, however what about car passengers? Surely when making your way past stationary traffic there is a distinct possibility a passenger might open a door! I believe the rule used to be if there was room for a small car?? Because then the cyclist might have a little manoeuvring space..
My previous question was simply a observation, car drivers will sit happily in a que even if there is plenty of space to move forward.
Old 25th January 2015, 13:05   #55
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I give up bikes a couple of years ago, but if I see a bike coming up behind, I always do my best to expatiate their ability to get past me. Why block or obstruct them, I cannot even hope to make their progress when I'm on four wheels?
Harry.

90% of the car drivers over here in France move well over deliberately to let bikers go past. They don't have that EVIL mentality of some British car drivers to cause injury to someone passing them.

Also you don't get that most peculiar thing called ROAD RAGE that you get EVERYWHERE in Britain.

I'm sure as a nation there's a screw loose somewhere that affects many drivers the second they get behind the wheel of a car.

Some of the comment ( ie. Divine right. ) are from an unbalanced viewpoint.These folk have just as bad a ME--Me--ME complex as they try to apportion to the overtaking biker.

Colvert. ( Also a biker. )--
Old 25th January 2015, 13:13   #56
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Guys,

I posted up the video to show a couple of plonkers riding bikes, it could have been a pair of planks driving cars.

The point was to show somebody's reckless endangerment of other road users and not to get into a heated debate on whether all bikers are cut from the same cloth, which of course we all know they are not.

It just shows the minority idiot for what they are.......mindless twerps of which would no doubt be just as moronic regardless of how many wheels they had underneath them!
Not really a heated debate Mr Coolcat.

Just giving a chance for a few sensible bikers to have their say.

95% of bikers are sensible ( as with car drivers ). It's just the lunatic fringe that for some reason make bikers seem worse than the same loonies in cars when the mud starts to fly.

You are perfectly correct when you say idiots are idiots no matter what they do; on road or off.

Colvert. ( One of the better bikers. )
Old 25th January 2015, 16:20   #57
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Harry.

90% of the car drivers over here in France move well over deliberately to let bikers go past. They don't have that EVIL mentality of some British car drivers to cause injury to someone passing them.
..and why not, the sensible rational thing to do..

The reason the French are maybe better behaved, is more road space, lower densities and maybe just simple better road manners.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
Old 25th January 2015, 19:03   #58
TR75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

I expected bad - but not that bad!!

Found myself with my jaw on my chest most of the time. How he got away with avoiding that bus that was changing lanes towards the end I do not know...
Old 25th January 2015, 19:10   #59
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR75 View Post
I expected bad - but not that bad!!

Found myself with my jaw on my chest most of the time. How he got away with avoiding that bus that was changing lanes towards the end I do not know...
He was IN THE ZONE !!!.

And a fraction of a second from being in the coffin
Old 25th January 2015, 20:59   #60
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Default Think Bike......Think Nutter!

Some superb arguments in favour of motor cyclists, however no one has actually answered my question, why they in particular is should move up to the front of the queue.
However I am left with a picture in my mind;
3 seconds after the green light, fifteen motor cyclists are fighting for the same piece of Tarmac 50 yards up the road.
And that's what we call responsible riding.

Last edited by Polly; 25th January 2015 at 21:02..
Closed Thread