Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th January 2007, 14:42   #1
biggles
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 conn

Default HK Amp location and Wiring in the Boot

Hi all,

I know that the Harman Kardon sound system amplifier is located somewhere in the boot but where exactly? I would like to take a look at it and it would be nice to minimize the work and possible damage caused by having to find it myself.

It's a '99 75 saloon.

/Erik
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 14:49   #2
biggles
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 conn

Default Wiring to the boot

Hello,

I am tinkering with my Rover Mac and as the basic computer is nearly finished I am starting to think bout how to actually get some sound through to the speakers.

Plan A is to just keep all parts of the car computer near the center console and use the regular speaker leads together with a simple power amplifier in the front feeding the HK amp in the back.

Plans B and onwards include moving various parts of the setup to the boot and/or replacing the HK amp with a new one that can use line level inputs.
This introduces the need to get any combination of line level, power, USB and VGA cables through from the center console to the boot. So the question is: What is the best route in the 75? Are there existing channeling that one can use?

Cheers,

/Erik
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 18:12   #3
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Default Threads merged

Threads merged as very similar in nature.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 18:28   #4
aston rover

Rover 75 Saloon

HK amp is located behind the carpet on the RH side of the boot, beneath the nav computer (where fitted)

I'll let someone with a bit more savvy answer your second post!
aston rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 23:09   #5
Simon
Banned

-

As far as know, the wiring to the boot is done just underneath the carpets that follow along the sides of the car beneath the doors, from there they follow up the rear seat and into the boot past the wheel arches.

Some of the wires then split (some to the parcel shelf) and some to the rear light clusters and others to the SatNav/HK amp etc where fitted.

It should be straight forward to follow this wiring channels if you wanted to add more cabling for various applications. If the cables are to carry high loads or variable frequencies (ie audio) then choose cables with good insulation to prevent intereference on the other systems in the car (via the wires they will be running along side).

Hope this helps! :lol:
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote