Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st May 2015, 13:39   #1
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

Default 75 Saloon rear springs on a ZT-T

Hi All,

As previously mentioned I am clueless when it comes to suspension parts so please forgive me if this is a total nonsensical question but what would be the outcome (if possible at all) of putting 75 saloon rear springs on a ZT-T?

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2015, 14:11   #2
Phil-Hex
Gets stuck in

Typhoon ZT-T CDTi Bittersweet 135 TF

a softer bigger bum?
the zt springs are shorter than the 75 so the back end may be higher and as the tourer springs have a higher loading weight it will be softer

i'll let you know what happens with saloon zt springs on a zt tourer once i get mine fitted as i'm doing that as a quick fix to get through a MOT, hopefully by using the zt saloon springs it'll ride about the same height

but thats from a noobie so we'll wait for a guru to come along and say different lol
Phil-Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2015, 14:14   #3
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Obviously it could affect the ride height & give you softer handling but it's not going to make it dangerous or unusable, it's just down to you whether you like it once you've done it.................you still have your rear anti roll bar to prevent the door handles getting scratched
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2015, 14:56   #4
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

Cheers lads,

They sound better suited for me to be honest, I rarely carry much in the loadspace anyway so a softer ride from 75 springs should be better as I hate my current ride feeling everything lol.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2015, 15:12   #5
chrishumphries
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 connoisseur CDTI TOUR & ZTT+ CDTi Tourer - both in rare starlight silver

I'm pretty sure Mickeal1 fitted saloon springs to his tourer and they were identical. I can't see any reason why it would be different for the ZT and ZTT.
chrishumphries is offline   Reply With Quote