Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th June 2008, 21:27   #11
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

1.am i right in saying for the high line system there is no code

2.but for the sat nav i need the open the doors im gonna by using so that will be the boot and bonnet, the boot so i can see its shut down and the bonnet so i can disconnect the battery is that right?

3also which terminal do i disconnect + or -,

4also do i need to lock all doors or unlock them ? does it matter remembering the purpose is to get the locks all working without messing up the satnav

5 will the sat nav switch straight on as i connect the battery in other words i connect the battery straight without messing round
prits_uk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 21:42   #12
Simon
Banned

-

You are correct in that the Highline does not have a coded radio.

I would personally unlock all the doors just in case you need access along with boot and bonnet. Once all open, wait for the red LED on the nav comp to turn off then you can safely disconnect the battery.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 22:10   #13
Simon
Banned

-

PS: Negative terminal is the one to detach.
Old 1st July 2008, 10:33   #14
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

when i diconnect the bcu and the ecu what are all the things affected
Old 1st July 2008, 18:25   #15
Simon
Banned

-

I would never disconnect either computer without disconnecting the battery first. Both computers are critical to the functioning of the car and disconnecting either one whilst still powered-up could cause irreparable damage.

The BCU = Body Control Unit and controls pretty much everything from windows to door locking and lights to wipers.

The ECU = Engine Control Unit and controls engine management as well as top-level devices such as immoboliser (along with another box) and handling fault-codes and car configuration settings (ie cruise or highline system).
Old 2nd July 2008, 23:20   #16
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

ok did the reset no luck i have tried removing the door card i also had to put a gasket on the back door so there 2 door cards need coming off one driver side front and one rear passenger side. i have so far taken the cap that covers the screw and the screw out also i have taken the handle of the door however have not unhocked it from the handle how do i do this also do i need to can i just once the clips release push the handle through
Old 3rd July 2008, 07:25   #17
Simon
Banned

-

You can unhook the cable from the reverse of the handle but there probably isn't much need as you can push it through the hole once you've unclipped the card from the door.
Old 5th July 2008, 21:10   #18
sylvester
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Simlpe things first

The nearside front door on our 75 wouldn't open with the key fob signal so I put the merest dribble of WD40 onto the button and hey presto it works ok!
sylvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 08:26   #19
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

wheres the button that you put it on
Old 6th July 2008, 08:46   #20
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

ok i have removed the inside door lever (handle) the crome one with one screw in and guess what ? i broke it well most the clips on it apart from the front one. i have also removed back door handle luckily the back one is not broke yet fingers crossed.how can i get them back in in know its prity much the same as taking out . heres what im doing is slide the back in first the bit where the cable holder is now if im right there are 7 tabs on the handle. do they all need to slide on? or do they clip in ? or am i only ment to slide the top bottom and front in and use the other 4 tabs which are diagnal to the 3 top bottom and front as a sliding guide? also does it need to be slide up and down on put in at a certain angle pls help as i dont want to break the back handle. oh but i did remove the card ok unclipped it and removed by lifting. however the card is held at the top but no clipps came out is this right?the clips remain at the top of door holding something else when i replaced the door card i just pushed it back on making sure the card top went over them clips oh i did the clip in the middle ok. thanks for help in advance