Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Photography Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st September 2015, 09:41   #11
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Canon Selphy? Only does 6 x 4 prints but dead easy to use with Camera or Phone. Wi Fi etc. You can adjust colour settings, do B & W. Works out at around 23p a print.
Well, I like it anyway and we take it on holiday so we can print of the move, very compact.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 18:43   #12
Weso
I really should get out more.......

Mondeo ST TDCI Estate

I am a keen photographer, but have done all my digital output online for years.
Seriously Tesco online printing is very good, not so sure about in store!
I print up to 16x20 using the Tesco online site with good results.
Can normally get a 16x20 for less than a £10 sent to me. There smaller enlargements are 10x8 for a £1 and my size of choice for many of my football shots which are my stock in trade to fellow parents are 7x9 which are less than 40p each.
As I mainly shoot sports I tend to shoot in Jpeg but do a element of cropping and enhancing before uploading.
I often shoot 500 shots in 2 x 40 minute halves so raw is not a practical option for me.
Online try
Tesco (cheap and pretty good)
Photobox (more expensive and better, but not by much, better paper though)
Whitewall (for that special shot, so expensive, but lovely quality)
Factor in the cost of quality paper as well as ink and for me at least online wins.
With Tesco's, images I upload sunday night are normally with me by Friday, sometimes earlier especially this time of year.

Re printers, recently bought a printer for my son's high school homework, chose a Canon Pixma MG5650, retails at about £100 but got one at Tesco's for £50 in a sale. It is a model that has been superseded hence the reduction.
Surprisingly easy to set up and build quality so much better than various HP printers I have worked my way through. So much so that I ordered one for myself from Amazon for the same price. Not suggesting it's up to top quality photo printing and as yet untested by me in this regard but for normal printing speedy and good quality.
Given the cost of this printer, it would suggest that spending 3 times as much with canon could be a good move?
Weso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 22:11   #13
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

I have just ordered the canon mg 7550 and will let you all know how it performs with photo printing

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015, 08:22   #14
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Well I bought the Canon MG 7550 and set it up yesterday.

It was easy to set up, it looks good in black and I am very impressed with the picture quality.

Its an all in one so does copying and scanning too, but i intend to still use my existing HP printer for that and leave the Canon to do what i bought it for - pictures.

It has 2 paper trays, one for paper and one for photo paper ( 7 x 5 max ), A4 pictures can be done from the paper tray if required, it also prints direct onto printable CDs by just turning over the photo tray.

It cost £120 which is twice the price of the run of the mill printers these days but well worth it in my opinion and it gets a thumbs up from me.

Using original inks at the moment which came with the printer, although at the extortionte cost of original ink ( for all printer manufacturers ) I will look for alternative replacements when the time comes

Not done a great deal with it so far but my first little project was to make some invites for my grandsons birthday, its difficult to get the quality showing on here so I cannot do it justice, but below gives you an idea.

The picture started out at about 4mb when taken but i have since put it through an app where I can add stuff and that has taken it down to 475kb, I then laminated it ( as the invite details are on the back ) and scanned it and the result is below

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 10th October 2015 at 06:25..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015, 09:35   #15
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

As with many printers, never switch on just to do a few prints or even one. They seem to be set to heavy clean once per switch on so there goes all you ink
Never got on with bottles of refill ink on any printer, but I would like to get hold of the bulk supply my refiller uses! Still then have the problem of resetting the tank switch.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote