Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th March 2016, 11:42   #41
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

not only would a knock at the door from plod be q shock the fact that the ecidence is not coming from police or any form of authority camera but a das cam from another driver.
Good news she is to be prosocuted.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2016, 14:50   #42
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

It’s puzzled me for a long time why people seem to panic to answer when their phone rings. As though it’s a life or death thing. Well, it is if you answer while driving! I can only assume that they are so desperate for human contact, their lives being so lonely.

When the phone rings at home Celia actually runs to answer it! I say to her “It just means somebody thinks they want to talk to you and more than likely it’s that bird from an Indian call centre again”. You don’t have to answer it until it’s convenient.

As said earlier, glad you avoided injury and here’s one other who is about to get a dash cam (front & back). The penalties are hopelessly outdated and the possible outcomes are huge, even when compared with the loss of licence for one pint of beer, so an automatic ban should be the result. Judging by the rate of offending the wonderful Mr. Osborne would be ever so grateful for the revenue from sizeable fines on so many potential killers.
Old 5th March 2016, 19:22   #43
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts
Default Police

On the subject of the above,I have contacted them numerous times about speeding drivers on our road.It runs North to South,at the north end, is a national speed limit,for about 800yds,then it drops to 30,the south bounders come off the main east west trunk road ,the A69,and don't slow down for the 30 limit.
The north bounders come off the roundabout at the bottom of the road,and put their foot down using the road as a"get a run at the hill" type of thing,even though the road is totally level. I wish the Police were around to see it,I have even told them they constant behind my large hedge ninth front garden and catch the speeders,but they aren't interested. perhaps its time for me to invest in a dash came and park the van on the road with the record rolling,and hand the vid to the Police,then next day turn it round to face the other direction.

Apols for slight hijack Ray.
Old 7th March 2016, 06:33   #44
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Delighted the Police are taking action. And good news that they use the evidence from a DashCam.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 10:50   #45
gm1pmj
Regular poster

rover 75 classic commision no Zt-30417

Default justice

Saw A good one in the local precinct car park two young people walking across the car park texting totaly ignored all the cars and got to the doors of the shops ,and walked straight into the glass doors both of them did it at the same time i was walking behind them i couldnt stop laughing
gm1pmj is offline   Reply With Quote