Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th July 2016, 18:09   #11
sn1958
Regular poster

MGZTT 190SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon W View Post
£400 sounds very reasonable.

I've just been quoted £550 + vat from http://www.before-n-after.co.uk/ - that's with 5yr warranty.

It's £660 + vat if something called 'CR coating' is added (I have no idea what CR is) and that has a 10yr warranty.
I had been looking for somewhere to do my R75 Tourer and the wifes ZS, I have just been looking at the before-n-after website, it looks a good thorough process they go through, the warranty aspect seems good too.

Do you know if they remove all the plastic arch guards etc and do behind these ? Did they say how long it would take ?

Keep us posted if you get it done
sn1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 20:01   #12
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Nope you would not need that much Dynax, I recently did my Jensen and ordered 7 tins. 4 for S50 for the cavity's and 3 UB. I had some left over and I had it dripping out of car.

The cans are 750ml and go a long way. You don't want it on thickly, you are just misting the internal surfaces and even the UB goes a long way.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 20:10   #13
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Thumbs up I go to Rustbusters at Spalding

Already mentioned is http://www.rust.co.uk/we-can-rust-pr...rom-250/c32734 . They are in Spalding and offer the most comprehensive rustproofing I could find - have had two of my 75's done there and will shortly add another. In addition to the basic service of underbody de-rusting , desalination and then thick preventative coating ( includes removal of all wheel arches and ALLCavity treatment) I opted for their additional wheel arch / lip treatment - scarifying to base metal , treatment and thick , hard top coat. The whole lot coast around £700 - but you can get avery sound basic treatment for less- as they advertise. Very impressive bunch of people who really understand this whole area. Suggest anyone concerned gives them a call
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 22:39   #14
Forestgreen
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6 saloon

I needed some bodywork repairs (a respray of the bumper after someone ran a trolley into it at the supermarket) and the chap offered to paint rust preventer stuff onto the underside for £100. I don't know how thorough he was as I wasn't there to inspect, or how much trouble he went to, but I figured that some protection is better than none, and I was a bit put off at the thought of spending as much on rustproofing with some companies as the car itself is probebly worth!
Forestgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 05:17   #15
SCP440

MG ZT-T 260

As much as I agree rust prevention is important I doubt this will be the cause of a lot of our cars ending up in the scrapyard. Most modern cars are scrapped because of economy of repair. A clutch or ABS controller can be the end these days.

I know of a 7 year old Mondeo diesel this week that has been scrapped because of its fuel pump, it has metal particles in the hole fuel system and the parts bill alone would be over £2k let alone the fitting and the injectors need coding.

Such a shame to see good cars being scrapped but when you see what you can buy with an MOT for a months wages you can see why it happens.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 08:33   #16
Schotten
Loves to post

75 Saloon

Default Rust proofing

Anybody know of/used a decent company in the Glasgow area for this work?
Schotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 12:00   #17
aguy

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6

Did mine with Dynax S50 and they also do an under body Dynax too.

I found it cheapest bought straight from the manufacturer Bilt Hamber who are very nice to deal with and usually you receive it the following day.

I used less than 4 cans (they are very large) and come with spray or probe options. I did inside sills, doors inner /outer wings, bonnet, boot,. I laid on the floor (not easy at my age) and aimed as much as possible at the rear upper arms etc.

I then had my local garage spray the underside with Scutz/Waxoyl mix.

It's not done anywhere near as thoroughly as the professional guys do it but it is now well protected in most areas and for peanuts really.
Old 19th July 2016, 12:47   #18
rover
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

In my view a Professional Treatment on a car 10 -15 years old is likely to be more visually satisfying than effective.Clearly better than nothing,but the damage is likely to have already occured.
rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 17:08   #19
Simon W
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.0 Litre Club Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn1958 View Post
I had been looking for somewhere to do my R75 Tourer and the wifes ZS, I have just been looking at the before-n-after website, it looks a good thorough process they go through, the warranty aspect seems good too.

Do you know if they remove all the plastic arch guards etc and do behind these ? Did they say how long it would take ?
I don't know - the website layout seems a bit confusing. I asked for more info (by email) but no reply yet.

Meanwhile, these people - http://www.ultimatecarservices.co.uk/rust-proofing/ - have quoted £440 inc vat. Click on Waxoyl and Dinitrol logos for more info.

This one does seem to have an impressive system but I haven't got a price for a 75/ZT.
Simon W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 19:10   #20
Swordy
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 Saloon, Rover 75 Tourer

Default Yes

I was in touch with Ultimate car services and Paul Grundy as mentioned in my opening post.
Seems like it's still my best bet and fairly local.
Paul
Swordy is offline   Reply With Quote