Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd July 2015, 14:20   #1
Don23

rover 75

Default Rover 75 mechanic near Histon/Impington Cambridge. feul filter-pump

Hello, I am new to the site, dose anywhere know of a good garage/ mechanic neat Histon, Cambridge, for my Rover connoisser 75 Cdt. Having problems, had a leaky deisel fuel filter, fuel poured out. Under bonnet fuel fuel filter was replaced, now car wont start or runs and cuts out, then wont start at all.Took it to garage. Garage replaced the under bonnet filter and filter housing, and the problem is just the same as before they did that. The fuel from the pipe conecting the under bonnet pump to the under bonnet filter, has deisel trickling out, with air, when dissconceted and the key is turned.
Thank you Don
Don23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 14:31   #2
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

The MG Owners Club Workshops are only 12 miles from you.

MGOC Workshop
Octagon House
1 Over Road
Swavesey
Cambridge
CB24 4QZ
U.K.

Tel: 01954 234001
Fax: 01954 232106
Email: [email protected]
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 14:32   #3
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don23 View Post
Hello, I am new to the site, dose anywhere know of a good garage/ mechanic neat Histon, Cambridge, for my Rover connoisser 75 Cdt. Having problems, had a leaky deisel fuel filter, fuel poured out. Under bonnet fuel fuel filter was replaced, now car wont start or runs and cuts out, then wont start at all.Took it to garage. Garage replaced the under bonnet filter and filter housing, and the problem is just the same as before they did that. The fuel from the pipe conecting the under bonnet pump to the under bonnet filter, has deisel trickling out, with air, when dissconceted and the key is turned.
Thank you Don
Is the filter tight to the connector? if it is the connectors may need replacing
Old 2nd August 2016, 14:52   #4
Don23

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxpump View Post
Is the filter tight to the connector? if it is the connectors may need replacing
Thank you for your reply, sorry for the huge delay in replying to you. To cut along story short, the car was still at the garage when I posted my post. I found the battery was flat and the fuel tank was empty, they insisted in trying to start it with no diesel in the tank? so I filled it up myself, got a jump start for the flat battery, drove away, and the car has been good ever since. Think is just needed to be run with diesel in the tank after having feul filter replaced.
Old 2nd August 2016, 14:55   #5
Don23

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
The MG Owners Club Workshops are only 12 miles from you.

MGOC Workshop
Octagon House
1 Over Road
Swavesey
Cambridge
CB24 4QZ
U.K.

Tel: 01954 234001
Fax: 01954 232106
Email: [email protected]
Thank you for your time in replying.
Old 2nd August 2016, 19:15   #6
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don23 View Post
Thank you for your reply, sorry for the huge delay in replying to you. To cut along story short, the car was still at the garage when I posted my post. I found the battery was flat and the fuel tank was empty, they insisted in trying to start it with no diesel in the tank? so I filled it up myself, got a jump start for the flat battery, drove away, and the car has been good ever since. Think is just needed to be run with diesel in the tank after having feul filter replaced.
Geeze that is some garage that . Hope they reimbursed you for their ineptitude!
Old 3rd August 2016, 09:57   #7
Don23

rover 75

That was the short version of the story! It was also in for its M.O.T. had a fail list of six or seven things, I took it to the Cambridge council dept for its M.O.T and it passed first itme, with just an advisory about an oil leak. I did not get reimbursed, I did not ask to, I did tell them what I thought of them before I left. I had used them before and they had been Ok. Its Station Road garage in Histon..never again.
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:03   #8
KelV6
Avid contributor

Audi A4 Avant - formerly a ZT-T

I have used the MGOC in the past for service and MOT on my ZT-T - in fact I may have to pop and see them this week if I can get in .

Last edited by KelV6; 3rd August 2016 at 10:06..
KelV6 is offline   Reply With Quote