Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd October 2008, 11:30   #1
razorriggott

rover 75 connoisseur se cdti saloon

Default Simple CD/Radio & Sat-Nav upgrade

I had been pondering for a while the easiest way of improving the stereo in my mk2 Conny SE and installing a sat-nav. I settled on the Blaupunkt Travelpilot Freestyler which is a single DIN unit that combines a decent output stereo with Sat-Nav. Requires installation of an aeriel but this is a simple job with minimal trim removal and works well sat on the dash by the drivers windscreen pillar. Unit looks as follows:

I picked up my unit brand new off ebay for a bargain £122 though it is only £300 retail. An adaptor for the steering wheel controls is available from autoleads although again, I got mine off ebay for less than a tenner.

The fascia is removable for security and I cannot stress how pleased I am with this unit and would recommend to anyone as a simple way of upgrading without difficult fascia adaptions and risk of theft etc.
razorriggott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:02   #2
rt2
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5 connoisseur se in moonstone manual

Yes Blaupunkt are quality units. A much better way than a tacky unit stuck to the windscreen or similar.
rt2 is offline   Reply With Quote