Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th August 2017, 14:04   #11
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
The wireless reverse camera is still wired. It has wires that connect to a transmitter, sends the video link signal to a receiver which has to be wired in to the reverse switch wiring behind the dash.
Both the receiver and the transmitter also require a live feed and an earth which needs to be also wired in. So you have to run wiring through the bootlid, through the rubber conduit and towards the rear light where you wire it in to the reverse bulb circuit.
The camera itself has a large video plug which requires drilling an 8mm hole in your boot lid in order to mount the camera under the number plate light assembly. The one supplied is supposed to screw in place of one of the number plate bulbs, however this is risky as the bulb has to be removed which means a potential MOT failure, hence why I chose to mount the camera centrally which required getting the Dremel out to cut away the camera housing so that it would fit flush. Also had to cut out the number plate light assembly painted cover to accommodate the recessed part of the camera.

I agree with you that technology moves on and that's fine. But all evolving technology has a level of backward compatibility built in which is necessary for customers.

Nikon or Canon don't release a new camera within 9 months of the last one, which won't work with the older lenses. They ensure the new technology makes improvements upon the old.
There should be no reason why the accessories sold with the new Navall units are given different plugs, they should all be the same so people can upgrade the head unit while still retaining the accessories they bought and spent considerable time to fit. Especially when stripping out interior trim, drilling holes in the bootlid and running wiring through the car. The idea of having to strip all that out and start again to fit the same items is silly.

The 1999 release of the 75 could be upgraded with plug and play items from the 2006 BMW E46 parts including hybrid tuner for free view, MK4 Satnav for updated 3D maps and BM24 and BM54 amps to improve the audio. A little wiring also allows the Bluetooth system to be fitted.

Just looking at the dates based on your threads announcing the below units release:

Navall 3 - Feb 2015
Navall Star - June 2016
Navall Eclipse - Feb 2017
Navall Premium - May 2017
Navall Comet - June 2017

You say you have input to how these units are built to give customers what they want, so I think the issue of backward compatible accessories should be addressed with the factory.
If I bought a Comet unit (£278) and added the DAB radio, DVB, DVR and wireless reverse camera the total of the accessories alone comes to £277.
How gutted would I be if I'd spent £550 only to find a new unit comes out a few months later and none of the accessories will work with it.

Granted, my Navall 3 was bought second hand but if I wanted to upgrade to the Comet, what accessories that I already have will work with it?
Thanks for your response Alan. While I agree that in an ideal world everything being backward compatible and everything being updatable would be wonderful.

You mentioned about the plugs but please remember, the android versions went from 4.4 to 7.1 since January of this year. The factories did not make updates to Android versions , they made improvements to cameras and added TPMS Plug and plays etc etc etc. Most of this to market demands, (Including people here and myself) You cant plug all of these add ons into Auxiliary inputs and even if you added AUX inputs , your car would be full of hand remotes for each one because they would not be Touch screen compatible.

Trust me, Its not easy for me to juggle all of these upgrades, preparing marketing and working out the details on each is very time consuming but really I do not have much choice if I do not want to be left behind. From am marketing and inventory standpoint its a nightmare.

Again, remember , we do trade ups which helps to alleviate these costs and it is very successful. Also our units tend to hold a decent resale value because of the support we provide. I have folks from 5-6-7 years ago that email and get answers on units they bought back then.

Explaining the release dates. Most decisions to update had to do with Android versions, RAM and pricepoint , Prices have dropped alot in the past 2 years. It sell the Android Units now for about 1/2 of what I used to PAY for the WINCE units.

Navall 3 - Feb 2015 Went from Android 4.2 to Android 4.4 with Plug and play DVR , TPMS and 2GB RAM
Navall Star - June 2016 Was a Lower spec of Navall 3 With 1 GB RAM and lower price
Note we testd and skipped Android 5.1 quality and design was poor so we stayed out.
Navall Eclipse - Feb 2017 First go at Android 6.0 with 2 GB RAM
Navall Premium - May 2017 Second go At Android 6.0 as we were not happy with the initial order results and feedback
Navall Comet - June 2017 Android 7.1

I am trying to offer our customers the most current choices, the best option within those making them, and the support necessary to maintain them. If a customer wants to update to the most current, there is going to be a cost in any industry from Cars to phones to head units. I try to soften that cost with our trade ups.
Anyway all of that being said , if you want to trade up to comet, message me and we will work it out.

Cheers
Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2017, 17:31   #12
jubbarelly
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180 SE Poseidon, Peugeot 508 GT Sport Tourer

Just like to say that Xtrons bring out a new FW as soon as bugs are found, I know this as Im in direct contact with Xtrons HQ and get the FW directly from their engineers, so no, not all chinese made stereos rarely have FW updates!!

The Xtrons Octa core stereo has had 5 FW release updates since its launch in February 2017....

The same for the Quad Core 5.1 stereos too.

Xtrons are very on the ball to fix any bugs in their software.

Cheers
jubbarelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2017, 18:40   #13
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbarelly View Post
Just like to say that Xtrons bring out a new FW as soon as bugs are found, I know this as Im in direct contact with Xtrons HQ and get the FW directly from their engineers, so no, not all chinese made stereos rarely have FW updates!!

The Xtrons Octa core stereo has had 5 FW release updates since its launch in February 2017....

The same for the Quad Core 5.1 stereos too.

Xtrons are very on the ball to fix any bugs in their software.

Cheers
HI Jubbs
Just to add to that
First to clarify, I meant Update to the Android versions.
Xtrons is a reseller and doesn't fix anything. The factory does upgrades.
Xtrons has marketed The Android 4.2 and 5.1 and the 6.0 from the same factory as I have done business with and was before they came in when the Android 4.2 was being marketed, which was our Navall 2. They also sell many other models from other factories. They have 100's and 100's of models to choose from www.xtrons.com and anyone can buy them. Much more than I do. All you have to do is sign up.

The Android 6.0 had major issues in March of this year. And Xtrons and the factory actually stopped doing business for a time.

I clearly remember , before you were selling head units, they had major issues with the Android 4.2.2 . They were picked up by a Spanish BMW buying group , who in short order cut Xtrons out to get the direct factory support. I helped them with the issues they had at the time.

Xtrons has never issued an android version upgrade other than 4.2 to 4.4. Has always released new models when Android versions changed , this is because the Motherboard has to change. And have the same compatibility differences. Nothing is interchangeable.
Old 27th August 2017, 19:09   #14
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Thanks for your response Alan. While I agree that in an ideal world everything being backward compatible and everything being updatable would be wonderful.

You mentioned about the plugs but please remember, the android versions went from 4.4 to 7.1 since January of this year. The factories did not make updates to Android versions , they made improvements to cameras and added TPMS Plug and plays etc etc etc. Most of this to market demands, (Including people here and myself) You cant plug all of these add ons into Auxiliary inputs and even if you added AUX inputs , your car would be full of hand remotes for each one because they would not be Touch screen compatible.

Trust me, Its not easy for me to juggle all of these upgrades, preparing marketing and working out the details on each is very time consuming but really I do not have much choice if I do not want to be left behind. From am marketing and inventory standpoint its a nightmare.

Again, remember , we do trade ups which helps to alleviate these costs and it is very successful. Also our units tend to hold a decent resale value because of the support we provide. I have folks from 5-6-7 years ago that email and get answers on units they bought back then.

Explaining the release dates. Most decisions to update had to do with Android versions, RAM and pricepoint , Prices have dropped alot in the past 2 years. It sell the Android Units now for about 1/2 of what I used to PAY for the WINCE units.

Navall 3 - Feb 2015 Went from Android 4.2 to Android 4.4 with Plug and play DVR , TPMS and 2GB RAM
Navall Star - June 2016 Was a Lower spec of Navall 3 With 1 GB RAM and lower price
Note we testd and skipped Android 5.1 quality and design was poor so we stayed out.
Navall Eclipse - Feb 2017 First go at Android 6.0 with 2 GB RAM
Navall Premium - May 2017 Second go At Android 6.0 as we were not happy with the initial order results and feedback
Navall Comet - June 2017 Android 7.1

I am trying to offer our customers the most current choices, the best option within those making them, and the support necessary to maintain them. If a customer wants to update to the most current, there is going to be a cost in any industry from Cars to phones to head units. I try to soften that cost with our trade ups.
Anyway all of that being said , if you want to trade up to comet, message me and we will work it out.

Cheers
Sean
As I said, I think when customers are buying the accessories to go with a head unit they should be backward compatible for a good few years should they wish to upgrade the main unit for the extra features.

My issues with the Navall 3 are simply echoes of previous posts on here relating to the update that didn't arrive. Silly things really but I appreciate the Navall 3 is a discontinued device now.
I'd like to think I could upgrade the head unit and retain use of DVB, DVR and reverse camera.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2017, 19:26   #15
jubbarelly
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180 SE Poseidon, Peugeot 508 GT Sport Tourer

Im just saying they are on the ball with FW fixes, what ever their source is, it doesnt matter, at least they send me FW fixes for the bugs in the software within a couple of days of asking.

I have no grief here, just stating that they are prepared to give customers and dealers FW fixes when asked.

The FW (MCU) is different between the Navall Android 6 and the Xtrons Android 6 versions.

Xtrons released a FW fix for the bug issues in the first release of the software, and have done another 4 times since then.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
HI Jubbs
Just to add to that
First to clarify, I meant Update to the Android versions.
Xtrons is a reseller and doesn't fix anything. The factory does upgrades.
Xtrons has marketed The Android 4.2 and 5.1 and the 6.0 from the same factory as I have done business with and was before they came in when the Android 4.2 was being marketed, which was our Navall 2. They also sell many other models from other factories. They have 100's and 100's of models to choose from www.xtrons.com and anyone can buy them. Much more than I do. All you have to do is sign up.

The Android 6.0 had major issues in March of this year. And Xtrons and the factory actually stopped doing business for a time.

I clearly remember , before you were selling head units, they had major issues with the Android 4.2.2 . They were picked up by a Spanish BMW buying group , who in short order cut Xtrons out to get the direct factory support. I helped them with the issues they had at the time.

Xtrons has never issued an android version upgrade other than 4.2 to 4.4. Has always released new models when Android versions changed , this is because the Motherboard has to change. And have the same compatibility differences. Nothing is interchangeable.
jubbarelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 18:31   #16
Carl-692

MGZT

Default log in issues

fire fox tells me your web page has security issues your thoughts.
Carl-692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 21:35   #17
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-692 View Post
Hi Carl I just did a site scan and all is good. I dont use firefox so I am not sure why that would be. I ave my webmaster checking
You can check my scan results here
https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/75andzt.com
Old 29th August 2017, 21:44   #18
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-692 View Post
Carl there are some tips here , I remember once My Laptop had incorrect time on it and cause those kinds o issues

This is Moxilla (Firefox) support

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1032509