Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th October 2017, 14:39   #1
dbt01
Retired

Default Re-manufacture of Rear Brake Backplates

Hi. As a fully paid up member of this forum, I think you may be interested in this kind offer of friendship made by our friends on the Two-Sixties forum, extended free of charge to all of us here, to take advantage of their investment in keeping our cars on the road. Please note, this is not an advertisement. I am not a trader.

*** If you wish to be added to their list, please PM me here, and I will ensure the Two-Sixties are informed ***

"The Two-Sixties have been looking into getting the rear brake backplates re-manufactured. We have hit a dead end with sourcing the originals but have managed to find someone who is prepared to make us up a small batch. He is involved in small production runs for Jaguar and has a good reputation in the industry for producing quality products.

Photo of original.

Photo of original.

The re-manufactured backplates will be electro-plated and then powder coated and will undoubtedly be better quality than the originals.

The cost to members will be £215 per pair, this price includes a pair of backplates, post and packing (tracked and compensated) to UK addresses and a 3% donation to club funds.
This cost will reduce to £206 for any member wishing to collect (collection point to be decided).
Cost for shipping overseas, IOW etc., £206 + actual cost of postage.

The minimum production run will be for 25 pairs so unless we can reach this figure we will not be able to proceed with the order.

If you are interested in purchasing a set of backplates please PM me and I will add your name to the list on the Two-Sixties site. Although no money will be involved at this stage it is important to stress that we do need an indication of a firm committment to buy as once we reach the required number we will be placing the order.

It is worth bearing in mind that the originals are no longer available and our communications with various companies including ATE and Dorman have led to a dead end. We did find out that our backplates form a small part of the larger backplates fitted to the Peugeot 607 but these were made by ATE who have no plans to re-manufacture and there is no stock of these available anyway."

David

Last edited by dbt01; 17th October 2017 at 07:54..
dbt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2017, 16:19   #2
Ragman
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBytheway View Post
Hi. As a fully paid up member of this forum, I think you may be interested in this kind offer of friendship made by our friends on the Two-Sixties forum, extended free of charge to all of us here, to take advantage of their investment in keeping our cars on the road. Please note, this is not an advertisement. I am not a trader.

*** If you wish to be added to their list, please PM me here, and I will ensure the Two-Sixties are informed ***

"The Two-Sixties have been looking into getting the rear brake backplates re-manufactured. We have hit a dead end with sourcing the originals but have managed to find someone who is prepared to make us up a small batch. He is involved in small production runs for Jaguar and has a good reputation in the industry for producing quality products.

Photo of original.

Photo of original.

The re-manufactured backplates will be electro-plated and then powder coated and will undoubtedly be better quality than the originals.

The cost to members will be £215 per pair, this price includes a pair of backplates, post and packing (tracked and compensated) to UK addresses and a 3% donation to club funds.
This cost will reduce to £206 for any member wishing to collect (collection point to be decided).
Cost for shipping overseas, IOW etc., £206 + actual cost of postage.

The minimum production run will be for 25 pairs so unless we can reach this figure we will not be able to proceed with the order.

If you are interested in purchasing a set of backplates please PM me and I will add your name to the list on the Two-Sixties site. Although no money will be involved at this stage it is important to stress that we do need an indication of a firm committment to buy as once we reach the required number we will be placing the order.

It is worth bearing in mind that the originals are no longer available and our communications with various companies including ATE and Dorman have led to a dead end. We did find out that our backplates form a small part of the larger backplates fitted to the Peugeot 607 but these were made by ATE who have no plans to re-manufacture and there is no stock of these available anyway."

David
Order book for these now closed