Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th February 2019, 18:05   #21
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post
I've been on Atorvastatin for the last 19 years. I had no problems to begin with but for the last two to three years I've been suffering from muscle pain, mainly in my thighs and upper arms. I put it down to getting older but reading this thread got me wondering, so I looked at the Patient Information Leaflet and discovered that in recent years I've also had several of the other listed side effects (ringing in the ears, back pain, tingling fingers etc). I've booked a doctor's appointment for this Wednesday evening in the hope that I'll be prescribed an alternative medicine that will at least lessen the symptoms if not eradicate them altogether - assuming it's the Atorvastatin that's causing the issues in the first place.

I seem to only get telephone appointments now and in regards to the Atovastatin, it was the head of the practice who rang me. He said stop taking it for a month, to see if that cures the cramp and trembling feeling. It did, instantly - it was obvious the first day I didn't take them, tremor feeling went and no more cramps.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 18:25   #22
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

I had an OGD (camera down the oesophagus) in August, when I was rushed in on B&T's due to a serious bleed and considerable blood loss. My first in August when semi conscious due to blood loss - remembered little about it, so I was still worried the second time around, on a follow up OGD.

It was an absolute doddle - I had asked for the numb throat and some anaesthetic when completing the form. Nurse assessed me on arrival, I had used the bus rather than car - as I had been warned I would be groggy from the anaesthetic and made sure I was accompanied for the same reason. She raised concerns that I would be going home via public transport as I wouldn't be fit to, suggested I get a taxi. Even then, I was warned I would be 4 or 5 hours before I was even fit to move at all. No patient transport could be sorted in time, in view of the 4 to 5 hours - I agreed to risk it with no anaesthetic. Then the doctor came to assess me, she said I would be fit to go 1 or 2 hours after the OGD would I like to have anaesthetic after all, providing I agreed to getting a taxi home.. I agreed, so she whistled me straight in... The telephone assessment two weeks earlier had said I would be in and out in less than two hours.

Throat spray, IV for anaesthetic, bite gently on plastic guide thingummy in mouth and off we went, me fully conscious and giving thumbs up as the camera went down to confirm I was OK. With camera making its way down, I could feel my stomach seem to blow up (air?), which was the only very slightly painful part, but only slight.

After which they kept me on a trolley for 45 minutes and checked BP an pulse a couple of time, before saying I could get up, to sit in a chair for 15minutes, after which I was told I could go home. I felt absolutely fine and we made our way a mile across town walking to catch the bus. I told to expect a sore throat, it felt fine and I hate a good meal two hours after the op. They also warn not to operate machinery nor drive for 24 hours, but..

I'm not sure difference the anaesthetic made, but I never noticed any effect and would have been happy making my own way home after it, or even driving (though I would not take that risk). I went in laughing and joking with staff and came out laughing and joking with staff.

Would I go through it again - yep, no bother at all, absolutely nowt to it.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 11th February 2019, 18:45   #23
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I'm not sure difference the anaesthetic made, but I never noticed any effect
I've had the camera down the throat twice, without anaesthetic, and detested the experience both times. The second time I wanted the anaesthetic but they talked me out of it, assuring me techniques and equipment had improved since my first one a number of years ago and it would be much easier . . . . utter bollox! . . . . it was just as bad as I remembered! As soon as the tube goes down my throat my body goes into a reflex reaction and, no matter how much I try to ignore what's going on, does everything it can to get the thing out again!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 20:29   #24
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I've had the camera down the throat twice, without anaesthetic, and detested the experience both times. The second time I wanted the anaesthetic but they talked me out of it, assuring me techniques and equipment had improved since my first one a number of years ago and it would be much easier . . . . utter bollox! . . . . it was just as bad as I remembered! As soon as the tube goes down my throat my body goes into a reflex reaction and, no matter how much I try to ignore what's going on, does everything it can to get the thing out again!

That was the main reason for which I wanted anaesthetic, a very strong reaction to anything going down my throat - I even struggle to get pills down - so it would be easier for them.