Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th April 2019, 15:29   #11
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

The problem is the ferry companies are so wealthy they make sure a tunnel or bridge will never get built. These ferry companies make £millions every year and the day a bridge or tunnel was built they would go out of business.

I don't want to think of how much of my life I have sat waiting for ferries or been sat on a boat waiting for it to arrive and the money I have spent over the years I could have probably bought my own boat.

There have always been various reasons why such structures should not be built, the main one is it would destroy the Isle of Wight but if the cost to use the bridge or tunnel was as much as the ferry crossing all it would do is speed up the crossing and I doubt many more people would cross if it cost £100 + return.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 15:31   #12
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Is there a reason other than a hovercraft ride for going to the IoW?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 18:21   #13
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
The problem is the ferry companies are so wealthy they make sure a tunnel or bridge will never get built. These ferry companies make £millions every year and the day a bridge or tunnel was built they would go out of business.

I don't want to think of how much of my life I have sat waiting for ferries or been sat on a boat waiting for it to arrive and the money I have spent over the years I could have probably bought my own boat.

There have always been various reasons why such structures should not be built, the main one is it would destroy the Isle of Wight but if the cost to use the bridge or tunnel was as much as the ferry crossing all it would do is speed up the crossing and I doubt many more people would cross if it cost £100 + return.

I can't say I've looked into all the ins and outs of building a bridge or a tunnel too much. But from what I've read it seems to be one side want to open the island from what is a bit of sleepy hollow to those that like it just the way it is.

https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/1...isle-of-wight/

There's some good comments here for and against.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote