Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd May 2020, 15:50   #11
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Only 5 pictures? Poor ones too.
It’s 30k of trouble. What a terrible waste of a good looking car.
Old 22nd May 2020, 18:24   #12
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Yes, been discussed many times & dealer is local to me.

Most of their MGR cars are way overpriced unfortunately.
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2020, 19:03   #13
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Arrow

My ZT was an SMG car. The one previous owner said he bought it to replace a Stag that rusted away. The ZT didn't do it for him (not really the same type of car), so he sold it. When he bought it from SMG, delivery mileage, it had all the tyres, belts, filters and fluids renewed. The only real age related deterioration I found on it was the Shannon tube had rotted. Also the windscreen cracked within weeks of getting it, I'm not sure why. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the other seals keep going, but I was well pleased to get a vgc low mileage ZT at a good price.

I've browsed around SMG when picking up OEM parts and agree their cars are well above the market rate. However it seems some people are prepared to pay their rates for our favorite brand and SMG do seem to do a thorough delivery service.
Old 22nd May 2020, 20:27   #14
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
I'm always slightly amused by statements like "full service history". If you think about it, it's a pretty meaningless statement.

After all, If I had a car that's, say, 15 yrs old and had only been serviced once in it's life, then as long as I have a record of that service I can say it has "full service history". Nowhere does that statement say that the service history is in accord with manufacturers recommendations, simply that a record has been made of all service work carried out (which may be more, or less than manufacturers requirements).

A bit pedantic, I know, but if the service records of the V8 shows that it has stood unserviced on a main dealers forecourt, then (presuming that is what happened) it does indeed have "full main dealer history" .

Cliff
It may still of been serviced each year? A local dealer sold a ZT 1800 turbo a couple of years ago with 82 miles from new and it had been serviced every year and had its cambelt changed twice. It had the brakes replaced all round and new tyres fitted rather than the old ones fitted. It ended up in another dealers showroom and was slated for having mid range tyres fitted rather than the originals which you probably wouldn’t want to drive it on

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 22nd May 2020 at 20:33.. Reason: Spelling
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2020, 20:55   #15
itcaptainslow
Avid contributor

200Vi & 214 SEi

It all depends on how the car has been stored. If it’s been sympathetically kept, inside and away from moisture, it’ll be in good shape. If it’s been outside for years, less so...
itcaptainslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2020, 08:52   #16
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
I know it's down to my ignorance of these things but I don't care. So much of the first page is obscured by the cookies banner it just turned me off. There are three pages worth of companies and orgs that grab any further progress so I just closed it. That's not the way to sell cars, but I think they are paid by the clicker numbers.
Try it directly on SMG's own website then

LINK

If I were spending 30,000 on a car, it wouldn't be a "twelve year old" sixteen year old second hand car, which is what a pre registered car is after all, irrespective of mileage

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2020, 19:58   #17
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Some one I know went down to see the car a few years ago and after looking around it offered about 75% of the asking price and he was told it is the price as advertised and that was it or he would keep it. He was not even interested in a deal

My guess by the time you have recommissioned it you will spend £5k easily but as soon as you drive it the value will fall if it. It needs to go to a museum or car collection and preserve it.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2020, 20:22   #18
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Some one I know went down to see the car a few years ago and after looking around it offered about 75% of the asking price and he was told it is the price as advertised and that was it or he would keep it. He was not even interested in a deal

My guess by the time you have recommissioned it you will spend £5k easily but as soon as you drive it the value will fall if it. It needs to go to a museum or car collection and preserve it.
The price is the price? perhaps there may be a bit of creative accounting going on

When you look at the price being asked of other more run of the mill models being held in their stock, the stock would appear to be being counted along fixed assets to artificially inflate the value of the company.

If there are any accountants who would like to see if I'm talking through my hat, I've attached the unaudited financial statement up to the 2018 year end.

Brian
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Unaudited account statements.pdf (98.6 KB, 31 views)
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote