Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th June 2020, 12:27   #21
Gazmo65
Loves to post

Volvo S80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I think I'm living on the Forth bridge...
I'm doing the hall, stairs and landing right now and then freshening up the dining room. I have found something interesting about paint during the process, I used Dulux gloss White in the living room and it's Yellowing after eighteen months, I used the Dulux gloss White primer first on the coving and the woodwork, it's the woodwork that's Yellowing, the coving is still bright White but has the Matt finish. I'm going to paint the woodwork with the primer and then use a water based varnish to give it the shine, I reckon it won't go Yellow if I'm right.
We had a similar problem previously with white gloss paint that was Dulux, after some research it seems that providing the paint is exposed to sunlight it will stay white but if it has no exposure it turns yellow, we found that Crown liquid gloss is more tolerant and lasts longer
Gazmo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2020, 13:20   #22
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

We moved in here 15 years ago. There are still no rooms papered, all painted by the two of us before we moved in. Painted twice since then at 6 year intervals (only the two of us here).

Before we moved in I fitted a new kitchen, all there was here was a single basin with two taps. Absolutely nothing else. Also fitted a new bathroom. That entailed removing the lathe & plaster ceiling and plaster boarding a new one, removing the brick wall between the bathroom and loo, removing all the orrible wall tiles and fixing a new surface to take the new tiles floor to ceiling, and including some ancient Japanese artwork tiles and several lighting points. New floor marble and subfloor before installing two basins, with dedicated hairdresser one so Celia can do a miracle wash herself. Then the usual 'offices'. That lot stays no matter what happens.

So, with the painting of walls due, and sticking to the 6 year conscience rule, we'll be buying yet more paint in about 2023. Can't wait. Honest. We expect to be virus free then too.
Old 30th June 2020, 20:10   #23
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

With a permanent caravan on a good site we offered a weeks holiday to any one who would decorate one room in our house.
Through the course of the summer the house was decorated throughout.

COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2020, 08:01   #24
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Mrs w44nty cleans the bungalow from top to bottom,then when we have friends to stay she says those immortal words

"You will have to excuse the mess"

I decorate at least once a year,especially kitchen,lounge and hall about every 2-3 years,bedrooms 4 years,so I am always doing one or the other each year.

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams

Last edited by Georgies Dad; 1st July 2020 at 08:03..
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote