Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd July 2020, 22:36   #91
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Default bundle

looks like from your photo you have the landrover cruise ecu not the OO190 valeo version. there are a couple of versions on the bay now. maybe they are the same pinouts or maybe not ... just a thought.....
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2020, 22:44   #92
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
looks like from your photo you have the landrover cruise ecu not the OO190 valeo version. there are a couple of versions on the bay now. maybe they are the same pinouts or maybe not ... just a thought.....
The 100190 you refer to is the cruise ECU and that's what I've got. It's the cruise interface (or "relay") SCB100201 which is not operating as it should. That's also common to Landys and MGR.

Dougie.

• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 136,000 miles
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2020, 23:23   #93
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

ah ok. just a thought . been following the thread... enjoyed it !! the scb100190 is a hella i think not a valeo as i previously said. maybe its the pump thats valeo. glad its almost sorted. well worth it i think as from what i have seen of the car from the pictures shes a beauty. .... regards xsport
Old 3rd July 2020, 00:09   #94
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75

Quote:
ah ok. just a thought . been following the thread... enjoyed it !! the scb100190 is a hella i think not a valeo as i previously said. maybe its the pump thats valeo. glad its almost sorted. well worth it i think as from what i have seen of the car from the pictures shes a beauty. .... regards xsport
I appreciate the thoughts. Nice to be reminded how great the car is too after this job. She drives, feels and smells like a new motor and so she should with only 28k on the clock. Once this lot's tidied away, I shall be mindlessly applying some quality wax with a stupid grin on my face, and maybe a beer. Cheers.

Dougie.
• 136,000 miles
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:09   #95
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts
Default Diagram correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by goltho View Post
Now that the investigation is drawing to a close, it's worth noting that the labels for the two halves of the brake switch are incorrect in the above drawing.

MarinaBrian's T4 screenshots (post no. 31) tell us that the correct labelling is:
  • Pins 1 & 3 = Brake switch 1
  • Pins 2 & 4 = Brake light test switch (switch 2)

Simon
Old 3rd July 2020, 13:46   #96
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

i have the rover 75 kv6 2.5 auto with cruise. 2001 year. mine had the original brake switch from new (dont have details as i discarded it) when my brake switch packed up last year i needed a replacement and looked at past threads and was told the xkb000022A was the only one that works now on the autos. that switch i was told would also work on the manuals. xkb000022 was only for the manual brake and clutch. whatever the truth is it worked for me no problems. same cruise and interface parts i presume. no doubt you will eventually find the right combination if not..... happy hunting !
Old 3rd July 2020, 14:07   #97
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75

I collected the replacement SCB100201 cruise interface this morning and fitted it after disconnecting the bypass wiring I successfully tried yesterday at message #82 above. There is still no voltage on C0895-9, so obviously the interface is inhibiting the 12v output to the ECU due to another element. The brake switch remains the chief suspect as previously discussed.

I removed the non-working C0895-9 feed to C0239-1 and instead of connecting a spurious 12v feed to C0239-1 as I did yesterday, I used the master switch C0749-5 output as it made sense to control everything from the same switch. Alas, instead of the IPK light coming on and cruise working as before, when I pressed the set/accelerate paddle, it flashed once and the horn sounded. Thereafter, it was dead until I stopped, switched off the engine & restarted when it repeated that behaviour.

I removed the C0749-5 supply and reconnected the separate feed to C0239-1 as per yesterday. Everything worked again. Tried the switched feed one more time but just got the flash 'n' toot followed by nothingness (presumably because the ECU errored out and did what it's supposed to do until it's restarted and cleared).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
The EPC descriptions are nonsensical. Since your brake lights work and so does cruise, there's a case for cutting your losses and supplying the cruise ECU independently of the interface ECU.
The correct thing to do would be for me buy a XKB000090 brake switch and try that as it remains the only one which is specified as double pole. After weighing up the risks, disadvantages and advantages, I am not going to do so and will instead complete the wiring with the separate feed to the ECU C0239-1. I would though like to know why the cruise master switch connection produces an error as I want to have only one switch. I can work around it using a relay if necessary.

Quote:
...i needed a replacement and looked at past threads and was told the xkb000022A was the only one that works now on the autos... whatever the truth is it worked for me no problems
Was your car built with the wiring in place?

Dougie.
• 136,000 miles
Old 3rd July 2020, 15:01   #98
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

yes it was. just been on rimmers and they list a brake switch blue XKB000090 with the application as for cruise control but with the caveat of serial numbers from 5d345692 CP type - vin. onwards . other than that theres just the normal XKB000022A. i bet you are not relishing that brake light switch change but if your vin is in that group it could well be the one you need .
Old 3rd July 2020, 15:06   #99
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75

Quote:
yes it was
Your wiring will have been different to mine then, which was wired completely without any cruise elements including some headers.

Quote:
....rimmers ...list a brake switch blue XKB000090....from 5d345692 CP type vin onwards
Mine is prior to that but I'm sure the blue 090 would work with my reconfiguration, possibly even ironing out the last issue.

Quote:
i bet you are not relishing that brake light switch change
Well indeed I'm not because I'm not changing it.

Dougie.
• 136,000 miles

Last edited by goltho; 3rd July 2020 at 15:29..
Old 3rd July 2020, 16:33   #100
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

dont blame you for that ! i left my seat in and draped my legs up and over the top (without headrest of course ) in the back and shoulders to the floor configuration as it were . just thinking are you sure that the interlock is not a pre requisit check before the engine ecu will deliver the 12v required along with the abs signal ? who knows . also you must have got the plugs for the interface and cruise ecu with the bundle. did it have the tails and you hardwired onto them ? have you double checked that 12v from the engine ecu is actually getting through at the pins.you could recheck against the readings on the other plugs to compare. it wouldnt take much for it to drop below with a not too good contact may be it needs pretty much the full wack to trigger the cruise (safety reasons) ? cant see you having 2 faulty units . i had a similar problem once to green buildup on a door plug once although i couldnt see a problem visually checking. sometimes we overlook the obvious but im not trying to be disrespectfull in any way as i can tell that you are more than competent. .. just trying to save your knuckle joints from more abrasion !!!