Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th August 2020, 14:50   #281
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Thanks for that Gary. Feel like Radar from Mash: “Incoming, Incoming”! That horrific suicide note contains just about every criticism there has ever been from every source there has been in opposition to current strategy.

Without full attribution I’m afraid it will do more damage to legitimate objections and might be seen as politics in a white coat designed to give out more heat than light. It’s clever, but ultimately highly suspect!
Old 8th August 2020, 15:20   #282
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Seems like they are trying to get the NHS back to normal:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53694642

With the option of a pay-as-you-go option. I was given this option back in 2002? Had some pins that where causing me some grief removed from my leg. I could order whatever food I wanted, when I wanted, in the quantity I wanted and for whom I wanted.

But they wanted me out pretty damn sharpish though.

Nice private room as well.
Old 9th August 2020, 06:05   #283
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Oh dear, there’s a campaign on this form against ‘sound bites’. Perhaps you should set a minimum word post rule if that’s what you want.
Old 9th August 2020, 08:05   #284
Borg Warner

None

All this protecting the nhs during the pandemic begs the question what have the staff been doing?

A neice of ours is a sister on a coronary ward of a large inner city hospital, she transferred to a covid ward because nothing was happening and because she would get the ppe.

Makes one think.
Old 9th August 2020, 18:55   #285
SCP440

MG ZT-T 260

My son is a paramedic, he was telling yesterday that his manager has been doing 80 hour weeks through this but the people at the top have all but disappeared, apparently they all seem to have rellies that need looking after.

His regional manager who used to do a site visit at least every 3 to 4 weeks has not been seen since March, recently they had a visit from an MP who came to thank them for all there hard work over the last few months, when he asked where the regional manager was he got told they had not seen him, he apparently will be investigating as he has sent reports in that he has been doing weekly site visits.
Old 9th August 2020, 19:26   #286
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
My son is a paramedic, he was telling yesterday that his manager has been doing 80 hour weeks through this but the people at the top have all but disappeared, apparently they all seem to have rellies that need looking after.

His regional manager who used to do a site visit at least every 3 to 4 weeks has not been seen since March, recently they had a visit from an MP who came to thank them for all there hard work over the last few months, when he asked where the regional manager was he got told they had not seen him, he apparently will be investigating as he has sent reports in that he has been doing weekly site visits.

On a rota basis you may work up to 76 hours maximum in one working week, however the following week is not spent working at all, i.e. one week on one week off.

Anything else is in breach of the working hours regulations, so no 80 hour weeks, it's a tall tale

Section 10: Hours of the working week

DOWNLOAD THIS SECTION

10.1 The standard hours of all full-time NHS staff covered by this pay system will be 37.5 hours, excluding meal breaks. Working time will be calculated exclusive of meal breaks, except where individuals are required to work during meal breaks, in which case such time should be counted as working time.
10.2 The standard hours may be worked over any reference period, e.g. 150 hours over four weeks or annualised hours, with due regard for compliance with employment legislation, such as the Working Time Regulations.
Pay circular (AforC) 2/2013: amendment number 28
Old 9th August 2020, 19:34   #287
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

All well and good for NHS but working for private companies I'm afraid Work Time Regulations go out of the window, yes your shift may finish at 8pm and the pay stops but you still have a duty of care to complete tasks and end up leaving work at 9pm, otherwise you are told that you are not managing your time correctly.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 9th August 2020 at 20:35..
Old 9th August 2020, 19:48   #288
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
All well and good for NHS but working for private companies I'm afraid Work Time regulations go out of the window, yes your shift may finish at 8pm and the pay stops but you still have a duty of care to complete tasks and end up leaving work at 9pm, otherwise you are told that you are not managing your time correctly.

Indeed Dave, however there is a world of difference between private care providers, and NHS staff.

The former being largely unregulated and greedy employers taking advantage of their staff.

The disparity is amplified in the current situation...... it stinks to high heaven.
Old 10th August 2020, 09:13   #289
SCP440

MG ZT-T 260

OK 80 hours might have been 76 hours but I was just explaining about the ridiculous problem the NHS is having that we are saying how well the NHS is doing but in fact it is the troops on the ground that are doing everything and the people in charge have not been seen for dust since this all started.
Old 10th August 2020, 11:15   #290
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
OK 80 hours might have been 76 hours but I was just explaining about the ridiculous problem the NHS is having that we are saying how well the NHS is doing but in fact it is the troops on the ground that are doing everything and the people in charge have not been seen for dust since this all started.

That's fair enough, however I know enough in my dealings with the NHS, that one of the strictest enforced of rules is that of working hours.

Many band 7 and 8 NHS staff are working in more non clinical capacity at the moment, so it may appear less visible to the troops on the ground.

Your son's line manager will be no exception to this, 150 hours maximum in any four week period, will mean seven long days followed by seven rest days.

Many people prefer this, as in effect you have six months free time in addition to accrued holiday per annum.

NHS staff enjoy many more workplace protections than those involved in adult social care, however would you want to work for either in the current climate?

Chris
Closed Thread