Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st May 2020, 17:34   #71
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post
Thanks Rick

Yeah, I'm going to take power for both seats from fusebox slots 49 & 51 (same as in your How-To). Just checking as I need to tap into another ignition live for pin 4 of the heated seat switches (for the green light when the heating elements are on). Easy to tap into the stereo harness (light green/white wire) for this

So, power from fusebox to each seat, and then K-Bus (for memory function), sidelight circuit (for switch illumination) and ignition live feeds (for switch green lights) can be tapped into at the stereo harness (car-side) - piece of cake

But that does clear things up fairly comprehensively - thanks for posting the info.

Cheers,
Karl.
That's all correct no problem
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2020, 13:43   #72
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Sorry, I'm back (only getting this done now).

Please see attached PDF. Think I repeated myself several times on this, but it seems I can get the K-Bus and the sidelight circuits tapped into at the stereo loom for the heated seat switches. Can I also tap into this green/white wire at the stereo loom for the switched live function at the heated seat switches? Hope the pdf makes sense..

Cheers,
Karl.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HEATED SEAT WIRING QUESTIONS.pdf (428.7 KB, 17 views)
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2020, 14:57   #73
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post
Sorry, I'm back (only getting this done now).

Please see attached PDF. Think I repeated myself several times on this, but it seems I can get the K-Bus and the sidelight circuits tapped into at the stereo loom for the heated seat switches. Can I also tap into this green/white wire at the stereo loom for the switched live function at the heated seat switches? Hope the pdf makes sense..

Cheers,
Karl.
Hi Karl, in response to to your questions.

Question 1: Yes I believe that green/white wire is ignition live, runs from fuse 11 on the mkii mini fuses box. So that should be fine to connect the orange/white cable to.

Question 2: yes that looks like the sidelight wire. Anything that lights up on the dash when you switch your lights on will have this wire. I tend to use the one for the AC panel but any is fine.

Question 3: Yes you can tap into that k-bus wire. On the last retrofit I done I took the feed from the LSM from memory, but access to the k-bus wire you've found will be easier. Less other wires in the way
Old 1st August 2020, 15:59   #74
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

Thanks very much, Rick

Nearly there.. at long last

Just have to put that green/white switched live (ignition live?) to both orange/white wires on the heated seat switches (for the little green lamp whenever the seats are switched on) + tap into the sidelight circuit for the night-time illumination of the buttons (red/white wires), and finish off by hooking up the K-Bus.

Will have to wait for arrival of new battery to test. But,fingers crossed, all works.

Fair play for the How-To - wouldn't have had a hope otherwise (all those wires can look overwhelming to the uninitiated)!

Thanks again,
Karl.
Old 10th August 2020, 21:03   #75
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

Seats in and working.. I've yet to check that the K-Bus connection has been successful (ran out of daylight yesterday), but all seat movements and the heated seat switches seem to be working as intended. Will check K-Bus next weekend, or whenever I get a chance.

Thanks again to Rick for the How-To.

I used piggyback fuseholders with 30amp fuses at the fusebox (slots 49 & 51) for power to each of the front seats - and wired them up following the instructions herein.

For the heated seat switches, I spliced into the red/white sidelight wire that runs to the dash clock. Then got ignition live to the switches by splicing into green/white wire at the stereo harness.

K-Bus from driver's seat is spliced into K-Bus wire at the stereo harness as well.

Earth points are easily accessible on the inside of the A post in both footwells. And the carpet goes snugly back in place if cables aren't wadded-up in a huge bunch..

Cheers,
Karl
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SEAT WIRING.pdf (1.56 MB, 17 views)
Old 11th August 2020, 11:16   #76
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Nice one Karl