Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st January 2021, 13:17   #21
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

Good News!. 20th Jan, Just got the letter I was waiting for.
An invite to contact my local Doc's surgery to book an appointment for my first Covid 19 vaccination.
Viva la NHS.
Kev.

PS
Telephoned the surgery next day and got my 1st jab the same morning!!!
Kev.
KLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2021, 14:13   #22
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Went through Goring on Thames and they were doing the"jab" in the the Village hall& car park, seemed to be running well apart from Thames Water digging up the main road and causing not a little congestion- I was on my trusty Claud Butler & off subject, they? (whoever repairs/maintains roads)? are doing repairs that are at least 10 year vintage. Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2021, 16:06   #23
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Any members in the 70+ group being called for vaccine yet.
Cheers Ian
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2021, 23:43   #24
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Cheers Ian
Hi Ian, it took my other half who is over 70 for her first jab today. Unfortunately my jab is probably about 2 months away.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2021, 09:37   #25
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Cheers Ian

Yes getting ours next Friday. and a date for the second one April 17th.

Rev.

Last edited by Rev Jules; 24th January 2021 at 15:04..
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2021, 12:39   #26
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

I posted this on another thread, hope it is useful.

Some info might be helpful:

There are 3 types of places offering vaccines:

Hospital Hubs - main hospitals, not very small 'cottage' hospitals from what I gather.

Local Vaccination Service - GP practice run, sometime groups of GP practices will run theirs together from one larger surgery, or maybe even from a larger site such as a concert hall etc. Some pharmacies are in this category.

Vaccination Centres - i.e. sports ground, conference centres, cathedrals etc. This may include pharmacies as well - our local tiny pharmacy has set up as a vaccination centre in a local hall.

All vaccinations are by appointment only. You may be contacted in different ways. For Vaccination Centres you will receive a letter with links to the national booking system, which is online or by calling 119. You will receive a letter when you are in an eligible cohort I.e. over 80s, over 75s, extremely clinically vulnerable, when it is that cohort's turn to be vaccinated, AND you live within a 45 minute drive of a vaccination centre. For Local Vaccination Services you will be contacted via your GP surgery or someone/an organisation acting on their behalf. This could be by letter, telephone or text. Not sure about email. Hospital Hubs are mainly offering the jab to health and social care workers and possibly patients too. Health and social care workers should have involvement from employers to identify them and Local Authorities are supposed to play a role in this too - more info in docs online.

There may be slight oddities in the system - one example is my GP surgery, which is running the jabs with the local pharmacy in a nearby hall. They will not contact their patients directly to offer the jab, but instead patients will get the standard letter to book a Vaccination Centre, and use that to book the local pharmacy rollout at the hall. Problem there is that people living miles away can also book at the hall, leaving no priority for locals. In response the GP surgery is now texting patients when new slots are available to be booked at the hall via the national booking system so basically give a heads up that spaces are available, but others living further away can still book in there.

Vaccination Centres may 'disappear' from the national booking system if all their current slots are booked up, and then 'reappear' when new slots are available. Slots appear to be created when VCs are allocated doses of vaccine.

There are lots of documents relating to the rollout online on gov.uk, have a search.

Hope this helps - if anyone has more useful info then please share.
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2021, 16:41   #27
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Just spoke to Mam 10 minutes ago & she's still not received another appointment for the vaccine jab since turning that one down at Macclesfield hospital two weeks ago in which they wanted her to go there all the way from Lancashire, I got her age wrong in the last comment I made about this too Mam is 89.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2021, 10:28   #28
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Just to cheer me up has anyone had their second Phizer jab yet? Chris.S. P.S. If the answer is no dont bother to tell me!
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2021, 12:00   #29
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Wife is a Nurse and had both her Pfizer jabs, 1st one middle of Dec 2nd one start of Jan

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2021, 16:41   #30
rontug
Loves to post

rover 75 Club SE cdt 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
Im 84 yold-Got a message on my mobile frim the GP surgery telling me to book my jab. As I dont have a iPhone or similar the link wouldnt work. Any way the good news is I have an appt. for 8.40.a.m. Friday 15th January at my GP which is 5 minutes walk. Just waiting for a contact about my wife 81yold. She has COPD but they must be doing it by age, makes sense because its simple. Chris.S.

My wife and I went saturday, no side effects as yet
rontug is offline   Reply With Quote