Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th November 2021, 00:34   #41
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

We should recognise that the club and associated forum is a commercial enterprise and the owner/directors determine the subscription model.

That having been said, having returned to the forum after a gap of about 2 years, I am surprised that with the vast majority of users being non-subscribers it remains a viable enterprise.

If it was my enterprise, I would be adopting a model along the following lines:

1. Annual subscription fee of around £20, which can be waived by the owner/management in exceptional circumstances and for special cases e.g. hardship or forum experts who make an exceptional contribution.

2. An initial zero-fee subscription period of 3 months, after which the annual fee becomes payble.

3. Subscription free lifetime membership (honorary membership) for those who have been paying members for say 10 or more years but no longer own a MGR vehicle.

4. Enhanced subscription fees for those who own or have owned VW, Audi, or Skoda cars. Members from Coventry may have dispensation.

Lincoln Green - this is the way to achieve almost universal coverage when wishing to annoy or upset people. Your attempt was half-hearted to say the least. But it's early days.

Finally, those who are surprised at the possibility of several meals for £10 should mix with us Indians more. My late father used to laugh at the TV programme which had a title along the lines of 'How to cook for two for £10'. He always said that an Indian can feed a family for a week on £10. Ten pounds spent on chappati flour and 1kg of Channa Dhal (Dhal tarka) goes a long way. It is this lifestyle that is responsible for a person starting from dreaming about owning a Hillman Imp to actually owning the cars in my signature on the left and dreaming of owning a Jaguar XFR-S (542BHP Supercharged V8). This could be one way for members to save for the revised subscription!

Last edited by MSS; 24th November 2021 at 17:52..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2021, 09:32   #42
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

" chappati flour and 1kg of Channa Dhal (Dhal tarka) goes a long way"

Maninder, sounds yummy Please send me the recipe or invite me round for lunch

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2021, 13:49   #43
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
Wow really? several meals You can do my housekeeping too if you only pay that sort of money

Thanks for the job invitation I must admit that living more frugally since I retired means that my French maids dress is a little large, so taking up your offer would initially require some serious investment. I would be quite happy to send you some recipes and shopping tips.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2021, 13:53   #44
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
We should recognise that the club and associated forum is a commercial enterprise and the owner/directors determine the subscription model.

That having been said, having returned to the forum after a gap of about 2 years, I am surprised that with the vast majority of users being non-subscribers it remains a viable enterprise.

If it was my enterprise, I would be adopting a model along the following lines:

4. Enhanced subscription fees for those who own or have owned VW, Audi, or Skoda cars. Members from Coventry may have dispensation.

Lincoln Green - this is the way to achieve almost universal coverage when wishing to annoy or upset people. Your attempt was half-hearted to say the least. But it's early days.

!
I'm sorry that a correction is necessary. You forgot to mention BMW.
Old 24th November 2021, 14:05   #45
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Default BMW intentionally not included

I had included BMW in my initial post but then updated it and removed the manufacturer. I consider that BMW drivers have advanced to the extent that they are now almost socially acceptable. I suspect that in a few years time most of us will be happy to own up to having BMW drivers as friends.
Old 25th November 2021, 10:16   #46
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
I had included BMW in my initial post but then updated it and removed the manufacturer. I consider that BMW drivers have advanced to the extent that they are now almost socially acceptable. I suspect that in a few years time most of us will be happy to own up to having BMW drivers as friends.
A socially acceptable Beamer driver, existence of Father Christmas or a truthful politician? The question is, which is more believable.
Old 25th November 2021, 17:28   #47
GJ53 DGO
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT 260SE

Quote:
Until BMW start supplying indicators as standard on their cars and not making them an optional extra (must be stupidly expensive as nobody ever specs them) it's not happening
GJ53 DGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2021, 20:49   #48
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Default Don't want to upset anybody

That's me subscribed for another year.

Still not sure exactly what the club does...

bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2021, 21:09   #49
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue75 View Post
That's me subscribed for another year.

Still not sure exactly what the club does...

As a minimum it provides you with a platform to upset people. This alone is worth £10 per annum (I would say actually more).