Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th November 2021, 14:53   #101
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Edit: Er, correction, didn't say you were fatuous, just the sentence. I'm not clever enough to safely insult people.

Please Wraymond, do not do yourself down. I think you are so clever that at times you allow us to see right through your writing!
MSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2021, 14:55   #102
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueofthedevil View Post
Exactly what proportion of immigrants commit rape, either here or in their own country? The later point about FGM is valid, and that is a shocking issue, but to suggest that immigrants come here for consequence-free rape opportunities is absurd. And it's irrelevant to compare how those countries would treat a foreigner who commits rape - it's the people from those countries we're talking about, not what might happen to a westerner!

Do you not remember the incident in Germany where "refugee" gangs raped and molested women?

What is more subjective for us, reports from various institutions, the media or what we actually see, hear have relevant experience of?

Saga_Lout is correct when he says that gangs (in his case Afghans) are using force to commit rape/sexual assualt and which the police turn their eyes away so that they are not deemed "institutionally racist". Think of all the girl victims of the grooming people that were let down by the many institutions of this country. Standards have dropped dramatically, and will continue to do so, due the racial (and other pressures) card and such.

Diversity means division and as it has happened on our watch we can see the difference since, say, the 50's (a much more fragmented society).

Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 1st December 2021 at 11:03.. Reason: spelling
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2021, 15:19   #103
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post

Diversity means division and as it has happened on our watch we can see the difference since, say, the 50's (a much more fragmented society).

Kev
Kev - I fully respect your right to hold the above rather interesting view. I am however curious, do you ever take holidays abroad?

Indeed, do you ever visit Wales or Scotland?

Finally, I guess Ravinder and I should not be expecting to be included in your Christmas wishes message?
MSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2021, 15:38   #104
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
As a canny Scot you must know one can't be all things to all men! Well, not often anyway.
Edit: Er, correction, didn't say you were fatuous, just the sentence. I'm not clever enough to safely insult people.
You are correct again it's so uncanny
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2021, 15:39   #105
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

This 'diversity' claptrap thing interests me. It only goes to force people to join what are essentially gangs of argumentative attention seekers. And most of them have nothing new to say, still less to contribute, to the human condition.

Can we ever expect to be once again a constituent and singular part of the human race? And stop all this splintering divisiveness?
Old 29th November 2021, 15:40   #106
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Kev - I fully respect your right to hold the above rather interesting view. I am however curious, do you ever take holidays abroad?

Indeed, do you ever visit Wales or Scotland?

Finally, I guess Ravinder and I should not be expecting to be included in your Christmas wishes message?
I have met Rav a number of occasions and although I have never met you I hope too one day. Both of you will be very much in my Christmas wishes

Diversity is a great thing, thank goodness we are in the early part of the 21st century and not stuck in the middle of the last century
Old 30th November 2021, 23:12   #107
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
Do you not remember the incident in Germany where "regugee" gangs raped and molested women?

What is more subjective for us, reports from various institutions, the media or what we actually see, hear have relevant experience of?

Saga_Lout is correct when he says that gangs (in his case Afghans) are using force to commit rape/sexual assualt and which the police turn their eyes away so that they are not deemed "institutionally racist". Think of all the girl victims of the grooming people that were let down by the many institutions of this country. Standards have dropped dramatically, and will continue to do so, due the racial (and other pressures) card and such.

Kev
What have Pakistani grooming gangs got to do with migrants crossing the Channel? Secondly, please tell me how many of the approximately one million "regugees" who entered Germany in 2015 took part in the revolting attacks on the following New Year's Eve? Finally, where did Saga_lout mention rape/sexual "assualt" by Afghans?
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2021, 23:24   #108
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

[QUOTE=wraymond;2910160]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post

It looks English to me. All the words are English and the relevant subjective pronoun to which the description refers, is influx.
Yes, but it's not good English! As I have said, an influx cannot enter a country because it's an abstract - and anyway, it's a noun, not a pronoun
Old 30th November 2021, 23:34   #109
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
It's clearly an emotive subject, balancing a sense of basic human compassion against a fear of people who are different.

I wonder though, if for arguments sake China launched an invasion against Australia and New Zealand and succeeded in taking control. Imagine then them handing power back to the indigenous population and removing the rights to freedom of speech, education, religious worship, voting and land ownerhip to white people. Some of the white people then decide to flee to the UK and Europe, after all, we are safe, have peace within our borders, stable governments, honour and respect human rights, have spoken out against the atrocities being committed in their homeland, who knows perhaps we even sent troops there or bombed them Some flee as families for a better life, others decide to flee here and send money back to their families in Australia or New Zealand as their families are not up for such an arduous journey.

Would we treat them the same or differently as those fleeing from Iran, Yeman, Kurdistan and so on?

A hypothetical question I know, but if they look the same and speak the same as us would we welcome them or turn them back. Would we say you have passed through other countries stay there or tell them if you can afford to pay a trafficker then you don't need to come here

Or would we just blame the French and the EU?
Indeed so (the first bit) - and not helped by hysteria, which is fed by lazy assumption.

I suspect that your hypothetical mass migration from Aus/NZ would meet a different reception, because people from those countries - like western European countries - share a broadly common background in terms of values and beliefs. There would be much less of 'the fear of people who are different'.

The big irony of this is that Brexit promised the prospect of taking back control of our borders. Overlooking for a moment the fact that we could have had complete control of our borders even within the EU, all that has actually changed is that we have lost a great many EU migrants who worked hard at many of the useful but difficult jobs which many Brits don't fancy, whereas the situation with immigrants from elsewhere hasn't changed at all!
Old 1st December 2021, 06:33   #110
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueofthedevil View Post
The big irony of this is that Brexit promised the prospect of taking back control of our borders. Overlooking for a moment the fact that we could have had complete control of our borders even within the EU, all that has actually changed is that we have lost a great many EU migrants who worked hard at many of the useful but difficult jobs which many Brits don't fancy, whereas the situation with immigrants from elsewhere hasn't changed at all!
I think you are right, the fear or hype is largely because the majority of migrants have different cultures and let's be honest they tend not to be white. I am pretty certain that others will argue differently.
Your point, copied above, sums up our current predicament beautifully.