Old 25th December 2022, 15:41   #167891
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Food fit for a king Jeff

What a day! Mams tested positive for Covid along with my older brother, Daughters been in Bolton A+E for over 6 hours as she had flu symptoms, her throat swelled up & she couldn't swallow, She's got 'Strep A' She got some antibiotics to treat it from a pharmacy that was open in Bolton town centre..
Eek.........Hope they all make a swift recovery Ian.
Not the best of Christmas's for them !

My Nan has also been taken into hospital this afternoon. Possibly a broken hip from a fall she had in the care home where she lives.
Don't know anymore yet but hoping all is okay.
Old 25th December 2022, 17:51   #167892
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Evening all, merry Christmas everyone.
Old 25th December 2022, 17:55   #167893
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Christmas dinner/late lunch went well despite me having a minor Gordon Ramsay moment caused by Ging cooking Filipino noodles (to take tonight) at the same time as I was trying to organise everything for the meal! Every time I turned round to do something Ging was there or if I got a bowl out to use Ging nicked it

No pics but ‘‘twas roast pork, roast potatoes, veg, pigs in blankets, yorkies, stuffing and gravy followed by trifle. I asked Ging to get a Christmas pud when she was out yesterday but she forgot, didn’t really miss the it. With my limited appetite I didn’t eat a lot anyway.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2022, 19:21   #167894
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Thanks for the well wishes Wes, It started in July when I noticed I wasn't peeing the same & up 3-5 times a night trying to pee.
Went to my Doc who gave me a rectal examination & said my prostate doesn't feel right, Off for blood tests & flow tests. My prostate adenocarcinoma Gleason score was 9 out of 10 (almost the worst possible score) & my PSA score was 6.3.

Then off for a biopsy in which 24 of the 24 biopsies were cancerous.
They started me on hormone injections(Prostap) which I have to have an injection every three months for two years.
A multitude of MRI, CT & Bone scans followed and showed the cancer was localised in the prostate.
More flow tests to record the pee stream & the joys of a cystoscopy a couple of weeks ago.
I've been to Christies last week to get the initial planning for the treatment & got three tiny tattoos on my abdomen so they can pinpoint the prostate on every sessions. Start on the 3rd January for the entire month & I have to have a micro enema before each treatment session. This is my schedule for next month. The joys of getting old eh!
Noooooooo, not the flow test how much water did you manage to drink, holding onto it is a nightmare isn't it, feels like you are going to burst.

Hope all goes well Ian, keep us updated.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2022, 20:05   #167895
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you've all had a great day.

My daughters and I have been playing vinyl records and recording on to cassette tapes for the best part of the afternoon. They both have been into vinyl for sometime now, so this year we thought one of their pressies has to be a record player each, and a collectors edition coloured vinyl gatefold of their favorite band.

Their vinyl's are now recorded onto cassette and in their Walkmans, sat here with mobile phones in hand while wearing the stylish orange foamed retro headphones, no MP3 files to be seen.

They've been wanting to do a mix tape for ages, they've now learnt the anxiety that recording onto cassette tape brings, and the tedious amount of time it takes... blooming good fun though...
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2022, 04:07   #167896
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
My Nan has also been taken into hospital this afternoon. Possibly a broken hip from a fall she had in the care home where she lives.
Don't know anymore yet but hoping all is okay.
Good morning all, morning Jeff and Merry Christmas to Ros and yourself.

I am sorry to hear your nan had a fall and is in hospital with a broken hip? We hope it is not cracked and doesn't need any surgery. A worrying time for you both.

Yesterday it was about 25C, just right. We had a quiet Christmas Day, just Jessica and myself. Everyone else in the family have gone on safari for Christmas and New Year, still not strong enough after the major op 12 weeks ago, but we are grateful I made it to Christmas and can plan for the future, we count our blessings.

Jessica made Christmas cake for the staff here, the herdsmen, the gardeners, the maids and the askari's - night guards their wives and children.

With my appetite recently returning, Christmas lunch was cottage pie and mixed veg. We managed to escape killing a goose for the Christmas table.

Do keep us posted about your nan.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2022, 04:10   #167897
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Merry Christmas everyone, hope you've all had a great day.

My daughters and I have been playing vinyl records and recording on to cassette tapes for the best part of the afternoon. They both have been into vinyl for sometime now, so this year we thought one of their pressies has to be a record player each, and a collectors edition coloured vinyl gatefold of their favorite band.

Their vinyl's are now recorded onto cassette and in their Walkmans, sat here with mobile phones in hand while wearing the stylish orange foamed retro headphones, no MP3 files to be seen.

They've been wanting to do a mix tape for ages, they've now learnt the anxiety that recording onto cassette tape brings, and the tedious amount of time it takes... blooming good fun though...
Festive Greetings!

Wes we haven't seen you for a while, what have you been up to with yourself?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2022, 07:07   #167898
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

When I was a youngster I could never understand why they called it Boxing Day when, after all, the presents had already been opened!
Old 26th December 2022, 08:42   #167899
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Raining here & colder than yesterday. Looks like we've all got that 'Strep A' virus now We've all been coughing our heads off all night & I can barely swallow a sip of tea this morning.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2022, 08:56   #167900
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Happy St Stephens Day everyone

Boxing day and the feast of Stephen later

Cold meats and Bubble and Squeak with pickles

Steve and Georgie