Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th October 2022, 14:17   #11
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddydog View Post
Hi, I have booked my Rover 75 Tourer estate into Horners garage to have the front sunroof drains repaired.

I have been searching on the forum for any articles on repairing the rear sunroof drains but I have not found on the forum anywhere that shows explicitly where the rear drains exit in the Tourer estate.

I found one article which showed the drains exiting in the boot but I think that might have been the saloon

Interestingly Honers say they have never had to repair the sunroof drains on a Rover 75 so I hope they will be able to repair mine.

The rear passenger wells are full of water so for the time being I have put some polythene over the sunroof and stuck it down with duck tape.

Can anyone tell me what the procedure is to repair the rear sunroof drains on a Rover 75 Tourer estate additionally I am unsure on how to get to the front drivers side sunroof drain so any help there would also be appreciated, specifically which panels need to be removed.
Hi John,
There is a 'how to' for the rear tourer drains here:
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=162218

DMGRS sell a kit to assist in fixing the leaking drains, I've used this on my current saloon with great success:
https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/...r-cleaning-kit

The front drains are the same for saloon and tourers,
Regards,

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
Old 10th October 2022, 21:09   #12
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2roverman View Post
Unfortunately I can't give you a helpful answer but experienced the same problem with my low mileage 75 which does not have a sunshine roof.
Two issues, rear light seals allowed water to fill the spare wheel space then flow into the foot wells. Also suspected plenum chamber leak from the drain under the servo, requiring its removal to sort. Currently interior dry but totally stripped out. As I'm nearly 75 the decision is to reassemble the car or pass it on for someone else to complete.
Have you had your problems fixed yet? ---Heard nothing from you for a while now.---
Old 30th March 2023, 17:26   #13
Teddydog

Rover 75 Tourer (23600 miles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Have you had your problems fixed yet? ---Heard nothing from you for a while now.---

Hi well I have got the sunroof drains modified and it seemed to solve the problem I checked no water was coming into the car while it was parked in the rain so I put the carpets back in.

I was very disappointed to find the carpets got wet again when I drove in the rain so when the better weather comes I will take it out of the garage and check the scuttle clips etc.

I had someone helping me from this forum but he increased the price for helping me from £200 to £300 when the carpets were out. I paid the £300 and got the carpets back then he telephoned me asking to borrow £100 and like a fool I transferred £50 to his bank account then after that he became uncontactable,, we live and learn I guess.
Old 30th March 2023, 17:48   #14
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddydog View Post
I had someone helping me from this forum but he increased the price for helping me from £200 to £300 when the carpets were out. I paid the £300 and got the carpets back then he telephoned me asking to borrow £100 and like a fool I transferred £50 to his bank account then after that he became uncontactable,, we live and learn I guess.
Personally I'd report that "someone" to Reebs.

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 30th March 2023 at 17:51..
Old 30th March 2023, 23:06   #15
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

That "someone" is me! And John is welcome to report me to Reebs.The price I gave John was £300 from the outset, including 90 mile round trip each day over a planned 2 days. This became 3 days after John insisted his weather app was better than the Met Office and he is paying me, so I should do as he says and come up. (That comment should of been my first clue as to Johns real nature) 9:30am till 3:30pm sat in John's living room watching the rain and listening to him complain. This request to borrow £100 is laughable, I was relieved when the job was complete, and happy in my belief I wouldn't see him again, if I had needed to borrow money, John is the last person I would turn too. As for "Becoming unconactable" John has my phone number, he is not blocked from calling me, but has made no attempt to contact me since Dec 2022.
When asked, I refused to do anymore work on his car, because he wouldn't let me work without standing over me, not observing, interfering, he is self righteous, argumentative, rude, arrogant and extremely frustrating. I'm a patient man but there were moments only his age prevented me from clobbering him. I have not spoken to John since I revealed my true opinion of him, and like John I won't name names but I'm not alone in that opinion.

Lee.
Old 31st March 2023, 14:18   #16
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Thanks for your side of the story Lee, puts things in a different perspective.

T4 Location Map
Old 1st April 2023, 10:29   #17
Teddydog

Rover 75 Tourer (23600 miles)

Lee is a liar and a predator he took advantage of me a 76 year old pensioner, I trusted him and when he told me he was in trouble and needed the £100 loan I took £50 out of my holiday money savings and transferred it to his bank account, he sent a further whatsapp message saying "thank you john this will not be forgotten"

I have kept the whatsapp transcript.

I will not post to the forum again as I have asked Reebs to delete my account.

This is the record of the bank transfer.

23 November 2022DPCLEE
-£50.00

LEE

LEE
LEE
VIA ONLINE - PYMT , FP 22/11/22 10 , 56214510273975000N

Type: Online/Mobile Transaction

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 1st April 2023 at 16:12.. Reason: I have removed the surname as requested
Old 1st April 2023, 16:14   #18
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

We cannot have these serious accusations on the open forum. So I’m going to close the thread.

234,320. Got 2 long distance trips coming up.

onen hag oll
Closed Thread