Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th July 2023, 11:27   #11
2L-Diesel
StuartC

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Very Sorry

I never thought about these cars being stolen. Fortunately, mine is locked in a secure garage with CCTV. I would be very upset if mine was taken. A lot of time and love keeping these to this standard. Very difficult to replace and not covered enough by insurance.
Stuart.
2L-Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2023, 17:00   #12
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Very sorry for you. 4 of mine are locked away in a yard (not visible from the road), but I do keep my Trophy Blue ZT 180 outside the house through lack of room. Perhaps I should move another car on to make room - have too many non-Rovers/MGs.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2023, 19:23   #13
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Sorry to hear that Malcolm, the parasites are everywhere.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2023, 11:38   #14
bluemalbert
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Sorry to hear that Malcolm, the parasites are everywhere.
Thanks Fred, and all of the members who have taken a minute to reply. I am totally gutted about this and am fairly sure it was taken on a flat bed of some description. The area had no broken glass so not joy riders i guess. I'm going to pop back today and see if the video doorbell where it was shows anything, but but am not hopeful of getting a registration - which is whats needed. The insurance company will attempt to give me jack all for the loss, not know anything about the history etc etc.
Not happy days. Keep your eyes open guys
bluemalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2023, 16:42   #15
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Try more

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemalbert View Post
Thanks Fred, and all of the members who have taken a minute to reply. I am totally gutted about this and am fairly sure it was taken on a flat bed of some description. The area had no broken glass so not joy riders i guess. I'm going to pop back today and see if the video doorbell where it was shows anything, but but am not hopeful of getting a registration - which is whats needed. The insurance company will attempt to give me jack all for the loss, not know anything about the history etc etc.
Not happy days. Keep your eyes open guys
If you haven't already, try going wider in your search. It's likely that someone has it on their cctv and the police won't be looking too hard for a 21 year old car. It'll be caught on shop cctv and you might just get lucky. Fingers crossed for you.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2023, 16:48   #16
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
If you haven't already, try going wider in your search. It's likely that someone has it on their cctv and the police won't be looking too hard for a 21 year old car. It'll be caught on shop cctv and you might just get lucky. Fingers crossed for you.
Adding to that, perhaps some of the immediate neighbours at the scene?
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2023, 12:34   #17
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rovering Member View Post
Mind you, l think the MG's might have a bit more of a cachè than the Rover's among certain demographics and these days with cars being stripped of panels & spares where they're parked overnight who knows what the skroats are after at any given time.
There was a victim of this parts strip on a program like "Caught Red Handed." It was a landlady of a pub and the vehicle (Fiesta I think) parked in the pub car park with the front parked up against a low wall. Next day passers by let her know there was no engine in the bay. The toe-rags removed the wings so it would be quicker to lift the engine out. Probably 2/3 days work for me!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2023, 12:41   #18
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L-Diesel View Post
I never thought about these cars being stolen. Fortunately, mine is locked in a secure garage with CCTV. I would be very upset if mine was taken. A lot of time and love keeping these to this standard. Very difficult to replace and not covered enough by insurance.
Stuart.
Plenty of programs on TV showing the Skroats being unbothered by the cameras. With hoods up, masks on and non-descript clothing (probably junked after the job) the police have "no leads" to go on. Even the programs where the owner is alerted often still have the vehicle taken as a couple take on the irate owner whilst one at least completes the task.

Kev
Old 17th July 2023, 12:44   #19
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Very sorry for you. 4 of mine are locked away in a yard (not visible from the road), but I do keep my Trophy Blue ZT 180 outside the house through lack of room. Perhaps I should move another car on to make room - have too many non-Rovers/MGs.
The "scouts" they employ have scoped out their patch on a regular basis and many are now employing drones to scan for compounds!

Kev
Old 17th July 2023, 14:12   #20
Howie666
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 190+, Trophy Blue

Default Worrying times

I've been worrying about the Raptor for a long time so I feel your pain. Mike was saying a few years ago that our cars rarity is increasing so we should be more vigilant. I'm gutted how true this came to be.
It's part comfort that MGR made our cars so secure but it's just a challenge for the bottom feeders 😕
I'm looking into getting a Thatcham Clifford alarm fitted to our ZT.
1a. Headlights polished - DONE! (Magic Mike )
2. Auto dip rear view mirror
3. Seats replaced - DONE! (thank you Mischief)
7. Bodywork repainted
8. Inlet manifold changed for a working one - DONE! (Magic Mike )
Howie666 is offline   Reply With Quote