Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th March 2010, 11:11   #1
scottebayb

Rover 75 2.0CDT Connosieur

Default Bypass relay for towbar electrics

Hi all,
just fitted a towbar to my Rover 75 2001. On fitting the electrics and Ryder 7 way bypass relay I have now found that when i turn the car's lights on and press the 2 buttons for the fog lights not only do the dashboard fog light display not show up it also stops the green indicator lights on the dashboard from working although the fog lights and indicators are working on the car, of course when i disconnect the 12v live feed from the bypass relay all is fine, any help is appreciated please, TIA
scottebayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 16:28   #2
mikey_32
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer 02 club se cdt remapped

Hi Scott, all I can say is obviousely you've got somethiing crossed here unless you're unlucky enough to have picked up a dodgy 7 way bypass filter, I've fitted 2 of these units to 2 different 75's and not had a problem, all of the lighting on a 75 is computer controlled and also operates on a bounce back (which you don't need to worry about) hence us needing the bypass, I suggest you check and then recheck your wiring that suppplys the relay and were you've made the connection to the car, I'm sure you'll find something, the simplest of mistakes can cause no end of faults on these cars.
Mike
Old 19th March 2010, 18:40   #3
scottebayb

Rover 75 2.0CDT Connosieur

Hi Mikey, Many thanks for your help. I have found that the problem was because i used a spare plug which was hanging on its own in the right hand side of the boot, it had 4 wires coming from it, one was permanent live. I used that live to power the bypass relay. It did say in the instructions to use either a connection from the battery or from the fuse box. On connecting the live feed straight to the battery instead of that spare plug everything was Perfect. (Note To Self) always read instructions ...again thanks.
scottebayb is offline   Reply With Quote