Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd June 2010, 21:13   #1
FROGGY
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT CDTI

Default All-in-one

Anyone looking for an all-in one machine, look no further.
I have just purchased a Canon MX870, and it is "the dogs".
Great photo prints, great scanning, fax works out of the box, can't hear it printing, and it takes any paper, copy or photo, with no complaints.

This was after a miserable experience with an HP Officejet Pro 8500 which was anything but Pro. Wouldn't even pick paper up. After long sessions with HP Tech Support who didn't have any answers but wanted to send me a replacement, got my money back and bought the Canon.

My previous printer was an HP, and although the print quality was good, it refused to accept any photo paper that wasn't HP (because HP photo paper has a reverse side like sandpaper.

The Canon works with anything I put into it, which is exactly what I want a printer to do.

10/10

Mick

IN THE BLACK NOW
FROGGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:13   #2
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

They are excellent......until you see the print cartridge costs..
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:37   #3
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

The Canons are very well designed and they give great performance, I have the MP460 and it is so so quite like you say. I also have the Lexmark X8350 and that is so so noisy but it does give better photo print outs than the Canon.

....but the canons offer a far better on-board maintenance option menu for cleaning ink heads, plates, rollers etc.

Last edited by Dallas; 3rd June 2010 at 22:45..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 18:39   #4
hotthread
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Club Saloon

Agreed, I have a Canon ip3500 which is fine and I have used Cartridge World for refills for years with no problems. Saved a fortune on ink.
I am also on the lookout for a cheapo 'All in one' scanner, printer,photocopier etc. This is because my old scanner is not windows 7 compliant and the cost of a new 'stand alone' scanner is about £70 minimum. For half that, I can get an 'All in one' which would do fine for scanning and I would continue to use my own printer to print.
hotthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 18:55   #5
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

What makes me laugh is!!!!! we all pay silly money on our ink refills if its the original cartridges or even the substitutes, but with shops like Argos and Tesco's and even PCWorld......... they sell these ALL-IN-ONE Printers scanners copiers cheaper than what we are paying for ink.....

Most of the time it is cheaper to go buy another printer than buy ink for your old one...... PCWORLD have an offer right now on the EPSOM SX115 for £34.95 and it has individual inks.... http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/epson-...09468-pdt.html

I usually buy a refill ink kit and fill me own, normally works 2 to 5 times and then cartridge becomes dead. Cartridges are becoming more and more harder to fill yourself as the Manufacturers want you to buy new ones each time so most new cartridges are made specially chipped so it disables the cartridge.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 15:49   #6
Andyd358
Posted a thing or two

JAguar X-Type 2.0d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotthread View Post
Agreed, I have a Canon ip3500 which is fine and I have used Cartridge World for refills for years with no problems. Saved a fortune on ink.
I am also on the lookout for a cheapo 'All in one' scanner, printer,photocopier etc. This is because my old scanner is not windows 7 compliant and the cost of a new 'stand alone' scanner is about £70 minimum. For half that, I can get an 'All in one' which would do fine for scanning and I would continue to use my own printer to print.

This could save you a few quid

Vuescan works with all scanners I have a scanner Lide20 canon scanner and its not Win 7 compatible either. (No driver support) I installed vue scan and the scanner now works.

Andy
PM for more info!!!

Going to miss driving it
Andyd358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 17:55   #7
baconbuttyman
Banned

just upgraded from a brothe mfc-250c to a brother wifi printer, wouldnt get anything else, very cheap to run and the photos are fantastic.
baconbuttyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 18:05   #8
soapy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Contemporary Diesel Auto

I personally love the epson due to the cheapness of even the oem cartridges,due to the amount of printing my kids do.

Joseph Stalin.
soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 21:01   #9
bobthethird
Avid contributor

Rover75 CDT Saloon Auto

Epson gives the best value, I have an SX215 all in one, cost me 45.00 and I get a full set of replacement cartridges for 5.00 (non-oem).
I've been using epson for years, my third one in10 years, my last one is still working, my daughter has it at uni.

Bob
bobthethird is offline   Reply With Quote