Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st February 2007, 07:51   #21
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon W View Post
That's a nice looking PT in your pic Zeb. My sister fancies one of those. If she sees your pic, she'll probably sneak over and swipe it one night!
More pics of the 75 and PT in the gallery....my wife loves it...a great drive, totally different to the 75 but the engine is a dream! (Shame about the dealers though!)
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:02   #22
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Then I think B+G have been a bit naughty by deliberately not saying on the listing which colour it is!
B&G have a habbit on Ebay of being a bit economical with the facts, remember the fiat engined diesel 75 last year?
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:52   #23
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by madone View Post
Simon

The back plates can be changed over but seemed too difficult due to the spring washers so took the easy option. Changing the electrics was easy enough just 4 self tappers to remove and refit.
When I did mine, I too hadn't any replacement spring/grip washers, and obviously had to destroy the ones on the wheel to get them off.

I used appropriate sized Rawlplugs, having cut the end off, and screwed fat self-tappers into them with the backplate in place. This worked a treat, and if anyone wants to laugh at/criticise/etc it they're welcome to come and take it all apart to look.

In other words, they WILL be able to take it apart (undo the self tappers) and it's all buried inside the wheel so it can't be seen anyway!!

I chose this route, ie swapping the backplates, rather than cutting the backplate to take the Cruise control switches, as I've finished up in hospital twice in the past because of cuttings that have gone wrong (one was with a circular saw)................

Malcolm
baxlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 15:17   #24
Gryphon
Passed Away

75 CDT Connoisseur + VW Trike + Kawasaki 1000LTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxlin View Post
When I did mine, I too hadn't any replacement spring/grip washers, and obviously had to destroy the ones on the wheel to get them off.

I used appropriate sized Rawlplugs, having cut the end off, and screwed fat self-tappers into them with the backplate in place. This worked a treat, and if anyone wants to laugh at/criticise/etc it they're welcome to come and take it all apart to look.

In other words, they WILL be able to take it apart (undo the self tappers) and it's all buried inside the wheel so it can't be seen anyway!!

I chose this route, ie swapping the backplates, rather than cutting the backplate to take the Cruise control switches, as I've finished up in hospital twice in the past because of cuttings that have gone wrong (one was with a circular saw)................

Malcolm

I have just posted a brief how i changed mine on this link
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...?t=5364&page=7
Only took ten mins to do post 64 i was going to do some photo's and post this weekend if anyone was interested.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote