Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd May 2007, 20:03   #1
Nomis
Loves to post

micra

Default Helped save an ECU today!

While watering front garden this evening a guy 3 doors down the cul de sac was looking under the bonnet of a white gold 75 diesel conn se. It has private plates but bullet shape mirrors so I assume its an early one and 116bhp.

It is his sons and assumed something is wrong as he had just driven it while his son is on holiday. He has a 2.5 audi td and says it flies in comparison and wondered if the turbo had gone.

I told him about the mods and Ron's products which will show it's full potential. I also pointed out the blocked plenums where an inch of water was sat and told him to check the center one asap so hopefully saved one.

It also had the webasto heater but he said his son will not know he had it and he did not know wha it was. I said I will give him a tenner for the lump of unused metal known as a FBH, lol. Well he does not use it!

He commented on when driving it that it lacked humph and had a top speed of 95 and seemed to have none left. It had 96k on clock and a service indicator of -25000 miles so I hope he has serviced it! Not sure if the maf will have had it at that milage but said disconnect it and see if it's better at low revs.

Simon.

Last edited by Nomis; 3rd May 2007 at 20:12..
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote