Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th August 2010, 22:01   #11
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
The Radio aerial is not Capeses one. His is for the DVB-T and goes to that box. I mean the aerial plugged in to the head unit itself.
sorry its a bit technical. There are other threads about radio reception with pictures of the two types if you do a quick search.

Sorry I really shouldn't bother you guys with this stuff, you must think I am a complete Pratt. Well!... Even I think that.

Oh well I can live with it it isn't that bad after all. i give up, it's too complicated for me.

Thanks guys

Edd
Old 11th August 2010, 22:03   #12
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
Does this happen when you play a CD? If so, what if you play a CD, but then pause it?

I haven't tried that. I will tomorrow.

Thanks

Edd
Old 11th August 2010, 22:25   #13
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Edd View Post
Yes it disappears when the engine is off. Sounds fantastic then but as soon as I start her up and go down the street I get a slight whistle. It goes up in pitch as I accelerate and drops off when I slow down.

Goes really quite when I turn the radio off. but comes back when I turn it back on
Defo sounds like alternator noise to me. Something like thing should help: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10A-NOISE-SUPP...#ht_2244wt_911

Last edited by CDTi; 11th August 2010 at 22:41.. Reason: Corrected link
CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 22:33   #14
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTi View Post
Defo sounds like alternator noise to me. Something like thing should help: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Car-Radio-...#ht_1268wt_911
How do you fit that if your not using an amp? It needs to use RCA, which wont work with the a headunit not running an amp...
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 22:33   #15
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Mmmmm

I would make sure your grounds are good 1st...check all your cables are well connected and especially the ground cables, ( Grounding onto bare metal is best..)
Also, try removing your amplified aerial, reversing camera and your DVB -T and see if the problem persists...if it doesn't add one unit back at a time and test again...
This will prove which componant has the issue.

If all your cables are OK, then you could try a filter as below..inbetween the Head Unit and the componant that is giving you the noise...

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=R...=&_trksid=m270

Mark

*** NO TMC MOD KITS AVAILABLE !! ***

See the TMC / RADIO VIDEOS HERE....

Send me an Email HERE….

Signup for Sugarsync HERE..

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...GBP_5_dark.png

Last edited by MARKUK; 11th August 2010 at 22:39..
MARKUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 22:42   #16
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
How do you fit that if your not using an amp? It needs to use RCA, which wont work with the a headunit not running an amp...
Put up the wrong link, corrected now - thanks.

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 03:15   #17
gaz7560
Loves to post

Ford Mondeo Ghia X 2.0 TDCi

I get this same noise with my connects 2, works fine on tape, and radio. have returned connects 2 and re connected cd changer now no noise. Connects 2 causing problem, should get a new one sent as they seem to think interface faulty.
gaz7560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 13:49   #18
wutang
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 auto (LPG) & mg tf 160

A noise like this through car audio is normally what I have always called a supresion issue and is normaly introduced into the system via the ignition system or alternator, on an older car with a coil and distributor there would be a supresor on the distributor most likely.

Basicaly it helps eliminate the fact that the ignition on a car can opperate like a spark-gap transmitter, hence the noise goes up in pitch / gets worse as the engine revs go up.

naturaly not so applicable to diesels, in these more likely to be alternator.

That said on our cars with electronic ignition I would not know where to look.

an in line filter on the power line to the headunit should sort this.

I work in the live events industry and dirty power is the bane of my life!!!

Edit Gaz7560 what is running through your connects 2? if it is an I pod or the like do you have it powered via a car charger an if so does the noise stay if you remove the charger, I ask as I run a sony walkman (20gb.) through my symphoney in place of the cd changer and had to swap the sony car charger for a goodmans one with selectable voltage as this had a filter built in, problem sorted, three years down the track no reoccurence.

Richard

Last edited by wutang; 13th August 2010 at 13:55..
wutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 03:26   #19
gaz7560
Loves to post

Ford Mondeo Ghia X 2.0 TDCi

I have the connects 2 for the ipod, it charges the ipod via its connection.
gaz7560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 07:35   #20
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

Below is a comment from another thread that seems to address my question about the 2 Din unit whistling Dixie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
Edd,

Looking at the manual for the wiring outputs on the head unit (Page 46 of the Head unit users guide) something just occurred to me that may relate this question to your Dixie Whistler one. You show this Blue wire being labelled "AMP C" which according to my manual should be for Amplifier Control and sends 12v to the back of the car to power up the aerial amplifier. If this really is what the wire is for, and as you don't have it connected to anything, then it could be that your aerial amplifier is not powered up, hence the weak aerial signal, and hence you are getting whistling.

Can you check where this Blue wire comes from on the connectors. If this wire really is "AMP C" It should be coming from position 5 on Plug 1 (The bigger gauge wires), and in the case of my head unit this wire was connected up in the harness cable, it wasn't a loose wire like you have.

However, my expectation is that you are going to find that it actually comes from position C4 which is the yellow part of the smaller ISO plugs (Thin gauge wires). If this is the case then I think it should actually be labelled "IR IN". That being the case then it has no power on it as it is an input and so will not power up anything.

I posted those comments on t'other side to ask Terry of TS Autos what he thought. The following is his comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts autos View Post
The logic seems correct, but really they need to sort out the wiring anomalies with this unit, the blue wire on radios was for electric aerials so the power feed was there when switched on to raise those, so if that wire sends a live then yes that will be the one to power your amplified signals from the rear

I am going to see Terry on Sunday and hopefully he will work his magic and sort this out. And I hope he can sort out my DVB-T TV Signal as well.

Just wondered what others thought about this.

Are these cables in the units standardised?

Edd