Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th June 2007, 18:47   #1
andyjs1uk

Default "i'am obssessed"

well hi all. yes its me again...sticky tappets,wrong oil,old oil filter. i have heard them all. well some of you may remember me rattling on "pardon the pun" about my engine rattling on cold start. indicates sticky tappets. anyway after help from some of you guys on here, i returned to the car sales that i purchased the car from. well the only way to make this happen was to leave it with them overnight for the cold start in the morning. so i went there on saturday morning for the big advent. maybe a mistake but they had left it in workshop... at this stage i started not to trust them....so bonnet was up i put my hand on engine it was cold, at that point manager turned the key. it did not make the rattle like normal.... i was baffled and i was sure i could see the owner of the so called car sales nose was growing. so i was sad enough to record the engine first thing in the morning previous to taking it there. yes i pulled out my mobile phone and played it to the fitter and manager. fitter said."cor that sounds rough."
let me just say i had changed oil and filter couple day earlier.

so now they suggest leave it with them again till monday "today"....i waited and waited, curious to what they had found at 5pm i rang them.
well manager picked up phone, i bet his heart sank when i told him it was me, " still no rattle,mr" they changed oil and filter even tho i had told them i had done that last week... £25 i wasted they i well peeved off now... they changed some valve on side of engine that made a noise but still the same.
so now they going to try again in morning. he seems to think i am obssessed with this sound...bl dy cheak.
i know maybe u lot think i going on but i no idiot. only reason i going back there is cos of warrenty....
oh he was good enough to give me a loan car a t reg avensis mind you i changed to that from a citron xsara wouldnt let chickens live in that. i looked for eggs in the straw in the morning....how embarrassing
andyjs1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 03:22   #2
miketata
Loves to post

rover 75/jeep patriot crd

the vis power valve was stuck causing the rattle and has now started working again. When it fails the rattle will return.
miketata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 11:46   #3
Prometheus
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default I've had the rattle

Went to garages too saying it's running a bit rough. But mine never started to rattle until you revved the engine above 3000 rpm.

So from start it would be smooth and idle smooth. Rev it up to 3500 let it drop and hear the rattle clearly. That took me 3 trips to find that out with the garage calling me a nutter.

Imagine their surprise when the Nutter drove in parked turn off. started nice and smooth and revved.

Guess you where right afterall mr.

The things we put up with for our beloveds
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote