Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th July 2011, 16:20   #11
mamasboy
RS South East

Ford fester... blah....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu9 View Post
Is that why your's is blue
Trick of the light i'm afraid, its BRG
Old 17th July 2011, 22:24   #12
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu9 View Post
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ge/1?logcode=p

It's the later one, when I say that, I mean after reading Reebs (I think) that pointed out the cut back diffirences ie leather then plastic ect ect. I noticed the chrome "Rover" strip on the tailgate didnt say anything, and the badge was part of the strip and not on the tailgate. Also the plastic leather look handbrake handle, I know there's tons of others but didnt remember them all.

It drove, stopped n steered well though, it didnt seem very quick on pick up though for a 2.0 (my wee Pug 2.0 is quicker but then it's a smaller/lighter car and manual).

Oh one thing though.....when pressing the c/locking to open, the back doors opened but not the front, I had to use the key, and even then only the drivers opened not the pass.

It's seemingly one owner from new with a s/h up to 08 and 30,000mls, the steering wheel a bit worn for 55000 though.

All in all though....a nice drive and well built car....but is it the 2900 (bar a fiver) he's asking...I thought if I was going for it offering 2500 cash
firstly get a copy of the mot test number or v5 document reference and log on to dvla- check mot to verify the mileage. Do an hpi check to confirm its all ok. It isn't the most desirable spec or colour and there are plenty out there- for that sort of money you should be able to get one that is spot on- and I would expect a dealer to sort out problems as you mentioned before getting it on the forecourt- but that's just me. Make sure the cars you see have 2 keys too. Remember you will need to spend a few hundred on a synergy tuning module, new pcv and possibly egr bypass too to get it up to performance standard- so factor that in your price.
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 22:33   #13
Stu9
Loves to post

None at the moment

To give the sealer some credit (I hate them though and dont know why I'm even considering guying from them!).

it was really only that fault.....but said all that would be fixed as soon as someone put a dep on it...
Stu9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 23:04   #14
kissifer1972
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Conn Tourer & Rover 75 CDT Conn SE Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranswood View Post
firstly get a copy of the mot test number or v5 document reference and log on to dvla- check mot to verify the mileage. Do an hpi check to confirm its all ok. It isn't the most desirable spec or colour and there are plenty out there- for that sort of money you should be able to get one that is spot on- and I would expect a dealer to sort out problems as you mentioned before getting it on the forecourt- but that's just me. Make sure the cars you see have 2 keys too. Remember you will need to spend a few hundred on a synergy tuning module, new pcv and possibly egr bypass too to get it up to performance standard- so factor that in your price.
That is exactly what I was going to advise.

Ask for the MOT test number and you can go on the direct.gov site and get the mileage from every MOT it has ever had.

My wheel looks slightly worn on my 75, it's done 183k miles. Should be very little wear, if any, on a 55k mile wheel.

Chris
Genuine Rover Xenons - now removed and sold
Kenlowe fan
Synergy 2
EGR Bypass
kissifer1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 09:21   #15
Stu9
Loves to post

None at the moment

I did an HPI and mot history check....all came up fine....but the vin number

In the mot check, someone had it on it, so I put in the hpi, and when I did the check it came up with a warning!. Is it posible that it's been written wrong at the test centre when it being mot'd.....just wondered

I put the wrong number in doh!

Last edited by Stu9; 18th July 2011 at 09:26..
Old 18th July 2011, 09:48   #16
Stu9
Loves to post

None at the moment

I offered 2500 he said no....but would knock 100 off, I said I'd think about it