Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th October 2011, 14:52   #11
sev6

Rover 75 Connie SE saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
Just give me a few minutes in a quiet place with these clowns and I'm sure i can demonstrate a bit of future etiquette.
You're more than welcome. just be thankful you don't own a bedford rascal as I did a few years back. Most saturday mornings I awoke to find it on its side or upside down!

'89 Toyota Supra JDM aero, 3.0 L6 single turbo, 3" exhaust, K&N, 12psi boost, 325bhp (except the turbo died, awaiting repair)
sev6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 15:08   #12
demoncase
Avid contributor

Ford Mondeo TDDCi 2.0 130hp

Also my manky old 106 got used as a handy park-bench on many nights by the local drug-dealer's little chums (before Her Majesty kindly decided to give him bed and board for the forseeable ) They'd sit on the bonnet, smoking dope and talking even dopier until one night:

This was most amusing as in 4 years ownership I washed the car a whole 3 times- the second time was because there were three perfect 'moon prints' in the grime on the bonnet- indeed, it was only the white tracksuit clad gimps squeels of rage at his now rather-less-than-white trousers which alerted me to what had transpired....And all of a sudden, my car wasn't the local bench.

Though, 2 years ago, I too had a line of size 7ish trainer prints/dents across the roof and bonnet- And I'm only glad they didn't go through the blessed windscreen.
Old 17th October 2011, 15:16   #13
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

When I lived in another part of the country I had the same thing happen in the late 1980s to my almost new Vauxhall but the alarm was activated and he was seen and identified by one of my three sons (who were then in their late teens) a couple of days later the offender was seen walking home from work and offered a lift home by my sons who then said we'll drop in to Mums place for a cupper, came in and door locked behind him!! he was then sat down with his promised cupper and was given the opportunity to make good the dented roof on the Vauxhall or move to another town..Repaires were made at his expense and not a finger laid on him ..so they will listen to reason if you are nice to them..
Names & location witheld to protect the innocent..
Cheers
Old 17th October 2011, 15:27   #14
demoncase
Avid contributor

Ford Mondeo TDDCi 2.0 130hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfc1950 View Post
Names & location witheld to protect the innocent..
Cheers
And the guilty little toerag too!
Old 17th October 2011, 17:33   #15
sev6

Rover 75 Connie SE saloon

But riddle me this... Were his chosen undergarments of that day the same colour on leaving as on entry?

'89 Toyota Supra JDM aero, 3.0 L6 single turbo, 3" exhaust, K&N, 12psi boost, 325bhp (except the turbo died, awaiting repair)
sev6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 18:12   #16
ashleywood.ash
Loves to post

ZT-T

think yourself lucky you didnt leave it unlocked in a park, it could have been used as a Soup Kitchen like in The Other Guys
ashleywood.ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 21:46   #17
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- was at it round here last year . a group of student got out of thier tiny heads in the pub up the road . they smashed 14 cars with one of them hammers they used to test your reflex`s,and ran up and along the car ... their luck run pout when they did the same to some cars a round the corner ,they was seen and caught by a guy who had his door mirror kicked of and the car hit a dozen times with the hammer ... well after the car owner finished with him he had more dents on his head than the car , the guy also went up the pub and they was all on the pubs cctv .. needless to say the police was called in ,they got fined and orded to pay £80 per car .its something i suppose .needless to say there are camera down my road that are now used all the time
Old 17th October 2011, 22:17   #18
Z T Top
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ SE 131

Sorry to hear of your woe's, the same happened to my dads car a few years ago. One day when they are all grown up hopefully what goes round will come around.
Old 18th October 2011, 01:42   #19
peter1961
Gets stuck in

99/V connie cdt moonstone green saloon. 94/L 214 cabriolet dark blue

i know how you feel charlie. i bought a spanking almost like new t reg rover 214 3yrs ago, on just the 13th day of owning her i nearly cried.

yes it had been disco night for the local brainless b******s, the roof was that concave it had popped out the interior light from the roof lining.

yes come the revolution, a wall and a machine gun P-L-E-A-S-E- .
peter1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 11:27   #20
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasboy View Post
Worst thing i've done on way home from pub is buy a kebab!!! What is wrong with these cretins?? I had a newish audi a4 several years ago and was constantly worried about it getting damaged my some idiot, luckly worst that happened was wheel trims were stolen one night...
I will tell you what is wrong with these "cretins". They were probably "dragged" up by some other "cretin", who's attitude to life is:- the probability of getting caught is nil, so i can do what i like. What should be happening is cttv camera's should be put on every road in the country where things like this are reported.
Dont want to say anymore.