Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th February 2012, 16:01   #1
zola66
Avid contributor

rover 75 classic se

Default Head gasket change labour

Hi all

Can someone advise me how long (labour wise) would it take to fit a new headgasket, cambelt kit including a water pump on a rover 75 2.0 se kv6, I have been quoted up to 24hrs labour so far
zola66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 16:08   #2
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zola66 View Post
Hi all

Can someone advise me how long (labour wise) would it take to fit a new headgasket, cambelt kit including a water pump on a rover 75 2.0 se kv6, I have been quoted up to 24hrs labour so far

Mine is a 1.8...Not the same I know, but it took 4 hours for everything....Should have thought about 5- 6 hrs.?
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 17:12   #3
Tinyflier
Avid contributor

ZT 190+ 2.5 V6

Quote:
Hi all

How long??? Can you get me some of whatever they are smoking????

I had my KV6 belts and 60,000 miles service done by Lates (lates600.com) in about 4 hours. OK so taking the heads off and refitting might add perhaps 1 maybe 2 hours? 24 hours is ludicrous!

Alternatively contact mgroversolutions.com - Russell is a mobile Rover trained mobile technician and has done HG replacement on my TF in 3 hrs - so even TRIPLING that is still less than half the time your garage has quoted.

David
Tinyflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 18:50   #4
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

I suspect that the 24 hrs quote was based on what they had heard in gossip rather than on their experience , so I would leave that garage alone ! However , not many garages out there will be able to match the Lates' team performance , and I think 8 hrs in total would be a good time by someone who has done it before. I have heard that the Rover dealers' book time was 8 hrs
Old 24th February 2012, 18:54   #5
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Quote:
Hi all

How long???
It's been a few years now since I used to do my own head gaskets etc on different cars, and I know a lot has changed with engines over the years, but I'm sure even I would be able to complete the job in less time than that
That wasn't a challenge btw
Steve
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote