Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd May 2016, 19:52   #121
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

These units are quite intreaging.
Could someone do a video please on the features. Thanks Thomas
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2016, 19:54   #122
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Wes,
There is glue & glue.
Hot melt is industry standard in the electronic industry and is common practice since the 80's.
It's inert and and easily removed with the correct solvent.
Bolts incorrectly fitted can short out if too long and as the instructions are so patchy I'd rather use Hot melt than a bolt any day.
Don't forget my 46 years in the industry
Lol Trev, You can easily thread 5mm of bolt without doing any damaged, the threaded holes are located specially so not to cause any internal damaged.

I has a passion for electronics myself, I even have a hot-melt glue gun but I wouldn't use it for mounting a car stereo into a dashboard of a car, but! that is just my opinion.

I'm not arguing with you, each to their own, if that is what suits you, there is nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas 75 connie View Post
These units are quite intreaging.
Could someone do a video please on the features. Thanks Thomas
Post #51.
Many Youtube vids available, many not in English though.

Last edited by Dallas; 22nd May 2016 at 19:59..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 07:42   #123
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Lol Trev, You can easily thread 5mm of bolt without doing any damaged, the threaded holes are located specially so not to cause any internal damaged.

I has a passion for electronics myself, I even have a hot-melt glue gun but I wouldn't use it for mounting a car stereo into a dashboard of a car, but! that is just my opinion.

I'm not arguing with you, each to their own, if that is what suits you, there is nothing wrong with that.
Absolutely Wes.
Do you know when I used to repair car audio for the Kilmarnock Lucas branch, some of the things you came across would curl your hair! 10mm bolts obviously were replaced by much longer ones and boards were mangled or cassette decks bent, unreal! Units taped into dashboards.............. awful.

I've nothing against bolts at all, with these units the one thing that isn't so good is the fact they dont quite conform to the Din size so they need a bit of bodgery to fit into the fascia, that and having no brackets and the fact they are light I was happy the way I did it, but as you say each to their own
Old 23rd May 2016, 09:28   #124
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
with these units the one thing that isn't so good is the fact they dont quite conform to the Din size so they need a bit of bodgery to fit into the fascia
Trevor, these 2 Din units are infact the correct standard 2 DIN size, its the Rover fascia that doesn't confirm to the standard 180mm double din size (the Rover CT23RO01 fascia measures 172mm).

The standard dimensions for double din is 180 x 100mm, same width as the single DIN (180mm) x 50mm.
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:24   #125
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Quote:
Trevor, these 2 Din units are infact the correct standard 2 DIN size, its the Rover fascia that doesn't confirm to the standard 180mm double din size (the Rover CT23RO01 fascia measures 172mm).

The standard dimensions for double din is 180 x 100mm, same width as the single DIN (180mm) x 50mm.
Reality!!! TBH I didn't even think of that.
Well you live and learn
Old 23rd May 2016, 23:03   #126
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

So had a play around with it this evening. No complaints at the price, that's for certain.
In regards to the music player. Is there a way to display the album artwork as part of the menu?

Very nice little unit
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 03:21   #127
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Interesting thread.
Having still not got around to fitting the Symphony bass booster or the Mp3 socket which Trevor very kindly sent me, l'm still with the Harmony. The price of these makes me wonder if l should get with the trend & fit one of these instead of fitting the Symphony after all. The increase in wattage & sound quality makes it seem a sensible option. The hassle of having a loadable CD cartridge has also become apparent too. No convenient way to load a disc which you suddenly want to listen to.

Is this the same unit?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-HD-LCD-Dou...149?nav=SEARCH

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 04:40   #128
muggerbee
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer (04),75 Saloon (04)

Quote:

Which explains why my centre console has been power filed to death and had a double din wedged in by a "professional"

2004 Connie SE Tourer Cdti
muggerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 06:39   #129
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Hi.
An update on mine.
Well I am impressed with mine, for under £40 these have to be a brilliant bargain!
Taking aside the obvious shortcomings there is little to complain about.
Sitting in the car yesterday waiting on the wife I watched a short DVD that I had copied to a stick and the resultant picture quality was excellent, on my round trip of 51 miles I was listening to Ken Bruce and had no signal problems, the reception was rock solid and no tuning was required.

I still think that the basic model probably has an AM/FM tuner as a quick look inside the tuner looks like the usual type, so its possible this feature is disabled in software, possibly as all the models could be the same circuit wise but the low models have some features turned off.
This was common practice on some TV's a few years ago and the "extras" could be switched on via test mode.
Snag is how to enter test mode for a look.
Anyway I'm happy with the set and would recommend it fully, a speaker upgrade though wouldn't go amiss.
Again a big thank you to Dallas for posting this in the first instance
Old 24th May 2016, 09:30   #130
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
So had a play around with it this evening. No complaints at the price, that's for certain.
In regards to the music player. Is there a way to display the album artwork as part of the menu?

Very nice little unit
Simon, I was thinking the same thing.
When you rip music as MP3 from Windows Media Player, you can store all album artwork on SD card. When you go into 'PHOTO' on these units, you will find all the album artwork is assigned, but cant seem to get the image to display when in 'PLAY' mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rovering Member View Post
Interesting thread.
Having still not got around to fitting the Symphony bass booster or the Mp3 socket which Trevor very kindly sent me, l'm still with the Harmony. The price of these makes me wonder if l should get with the trend & fit one of these instead of fitting the Symphony after all. The increase in wattage & sound quality makes it seem a sensible option. The hassle of having a loadable CD cartridge has also become apparent too. No convenient way to load a disc which you suddenly want to listen to.

Is this the same unit?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-HD-LCD-Dou...149?nav=SEARCH
Yes, 7010B model.

The original listing has now sold out, but the same seller has another listing for same model HERE! £39.85 for a few pounds more though.

You can also buy the 7012b model from same seller HERE! £35.59, not sure of any differences, only the obvious being 12cm in depth, and not 6cm.

As for CD's, I dont miss them at all in the car, we still use them in the home though along with portable media storage which seems to be the thing of the future. Ford were the first car manufacture to delete the car CD player some years ago, seems they are all following. Its great to have hundreds and hundreds of songs/albums and movie's all on one little memory card all compiled in a list that can be easily accessed at anytime.

Quote:
Hi.
An update on mine.
Well I am impressed with mine, for under £40 these have to be a brilliant bargain!
Taking aside the obvious shortcomings there is little to complain about.
Sitting in the car yesterday waiting on the wife I watched a short DVD that I had copied to a stick and the resultant picture quality was excellent, on my round trip of 51 miles I was listening to Ken Bruce and had no signal problems, the reception was rock solid and no tuning was required.

I still think that the basic model probably has an AM/FM tuner as a quick look inside the tuner looks like the usual type, so its possible this feature is disabled in software, possibly as all the models could be the same circuit wise but the low models have some features turned off.
This was common practice on some TV's a few years ago and the "extras" could be switched on via test mode.
Snag is how to enter test mode for a look.
Anyway I'm happy with the set and would recommend it fully, a speaker upgrade though wouldn't go amiss.
Again a big thank you to Dallas for posting this in the first instance
I agree Trevor, certainly a superb little unit for the very little money paid, you will see many ebay sellers are selling the very same unit between £45 and £55.

You certainly dont have to spend hundreds of pounds to bring a little bit of modern technology into our cars, its nice to have some mod-cons all at a touch of a button.

These units must be able to support GPS at some stage, you will see the GPS hole on the rear (but no socket), I doubt they have the GPS chip inside (must be an alternative on some models).

You are most probably correct Trev, I bet if we fiddle long enough we may be able to enter 'factory mode' by pressing and holding 'Power' and 'Volume' Up/Down, I will give it ago later.

Glad you all have taken advantage of this deal, glad to be of some help, I'm sure another model will be along shortly, hopefully with GPS.

Last edited by Dallas; 24th May 2016 at 09:58..