Notices

Old 15th September 2017, 15:04   #133111
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I think I'm going to make a pig of myself at teatime LOL.

Those 5 minute jobs are the worst, Touch wood I haven't had to deal with one of those fog lights on this Rover yet. I'll be taking mine for it's MOT in the next week or two, The tax is out at the same time too

I've put the new brakes & pads on mine & adjusted the handbrake up a tad, the only thing that I'm worried about is the emissions, It's been a struggle for the last two MOT's to get it passed, I've had to take the car out for an Italian tune up and thrash it to get it passed.
There is a 'how to' get the fog light out in the how section. Just had a read of it. It was nearly clear, but I have it worked out Ian, tell me more about the Italian tune up? I am booked for an MOT next Wednesday morning, but for the last 2 years it passed with no advisories. I was out this morning doing the prep work. Only done 4K since the last one was done. Also its road tax is due £245 on 30 Sep
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 15:08   #133112
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
There is a 'how to' get the fog light out in the how section. Just had a read of it. It was nearly clear, but I have it worked out Ian, tell me more about the Italian tune up? I am booked for an MOT next Wednesday morning, but for the last 2 years it passed with no advisories. I was out this morning doing the prep work. Only done 4K since the last one was done. Also its road tax is due £245 on 30 Sep

The Italian tune up is to drive it like you stole it to get the catalytic converter nice & hot to working temp. I think I've done less than 1500 miles since my last MOT.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 15:13   #133113
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
The Italian tune up is to drive it like you stole it to get the catalytic converter nice & hot to working temp. I think I've done less than 1500 miles since my last MOT.
I get the gist of what you must do Ian and it looks exciting
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 15:38   #133114
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I am shattered! Up at 4 this morning, Lake District and back in a day! By train, to quote Sir Ralph Richardson in Time Bandits, "I am not completely dim!". Ging had a hospital appointment and didn't want to go on her own, I can't stay down there after some kind neighbour reporting the dogs.

We went to Asda just along the road from the hospital for something to eat. I had the full breakfast which included mushrooms, I don't like mushrooms but Ging was going to "nick" them. The breakfast arrived . . . . I've never seen mushrooms this colour before, they were pale grey! Even if I liked them I wouldn't have eaten them, Ging didn't fancy them either. I can only assume they were heated in boiling water.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 15:40   #133115
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I am shattered! Up at 4 this morning, Lake District and back in a day! By train, to quote Sir Ralph Richardson in Time Bandits, "I am not completely dim!". Ging had a hospital appointment and didn't want to go on her own, I can't stay down there after some kind neighbour reporting the dogs.

We went to Asda just along the road from the hospital for something to eat. I had the full breakfast which included mushrooms, I don't like mushrooms but Ging was going to "nick" them. The breakfast arrived . . . . I've never seen mushrooms this colour before, they were pale grey! Even if I liked them I wouldn't have eaten them, Ging didn't fancy them either. I can only assume they were heated in boiling water.
Sounds like they were poached, rather than fried.
Old 15th September 2017, 16:09   #133116
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Right - that's it - I've had enough. I've packed the wife's bag and she's leaving in the morning. Being a gentleman, I'm taking her to the bus station.
She is however ............................
.................................................. coming back on Sunday night

Her and my sister are off on a two day, one night bus trip with National Holidays to Bury - to visit the market, amongst other things.
Me - I get to eat whatever I want for two days, as long as I get rid of the evidence afterwards, so I've prepared a menu -
  • Saturday lunch - pork pie(s)
  • Saturday tea - Chinese carryout, followed by a few pints of apple juice with the boys down the Club
  • Saturday supper - a piece of hot chilli Mexican cheese (going cheap in Morrisons this afternoon)
  • Sunday breakfast - fry up
  • Sunday lunch - Pukka pie and chips
  • Sunday tea - perhaps another pork pie, or maybe a healthy salad
  • Sunday supper - nowt, 'cos I'll have picked up SWMBO from the bus station by then

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 16:12   #133117
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Must have been Rich, looked absolutely rank! The colour had been completely drained out of them.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 16:26   #133118
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Sounds like they were poached, rather than fried.
Quote:
Must have been Rich, looked absolutely rank! The colour had been completely drained out of them.
Maybe there wasn't mush room in the frying pan for them

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 16:55   #133119
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Maybe there wasn't mush room in the frying pan for them
Is that tumbleweed I can see? Spoke to Jeff earlier by text, he assures me, there will be an appearance tomorrow.

Of bacon
Old 15th September 2017, 17:30   #133120
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Right - that's it - I've had enough. I've packed the wife's bag and she's leaving in the morning. Being a gentleman, I'm taking her to the bus station.
She is however ............................
.................................................. coming back on Sunday night

Her and my sister are off on a two day, one night bus trip with National Holidays to Bury - to visit the market, amongst other things.
Me - I get to eat whatever I want for two days, as long as I get rid of the evidence afterwards, so I've prepared a menu -
  • Saturday lunch - pork pie(s)
  • Saturday tea - Chinese carryout, followed by a few pints of apple juice with the boys down the Club
  • Saturday supper - a piece of hot chilli Mexican cheese (going cheap in Morrisons this afternoon)
  • Sunday breakfast - fry up
  • Sunday lunch - Pukka pie and chips
  • Sunday tea - perhaps another pork pie, or maybe a healthy salad
  • Sunday supper - nowt, 'cos I'll have picked up SWMBO from the bus station by then
You lucky, lucky b a s t e r d .

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote