Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st May 2018, 00:29   #131
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Just keep an eye out for this chap

Brian

I nearly spat my coffee out

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2018, 11:50   #132
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I nearly spat my coffee out

The beard is totally the wrong colour Mr Saunders 🤣🤣

I even got an ecu delivered a while ago with a picture of Ming the merciless taped onto it 😝
Old 1st May 2018, 11:51   #133
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
What car are you bringing Andy? Good to put a face to a name.

Not sure yet Mike, whichever is at the bottom of the driveway Friday I suppose 😎
Old 1st May 2018, 15:05   #134
cw1uk2
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Wishful thinking sadly. However, I came accross this some time ago, likely to have been posted before, but seems like a good thread to drop it into.

I never visited the site sadly, but these images gave me a good feel for the place.

https://pro.magnumphotos.com/Catalog...-NN145582.html
Jobs done: K&N air filter,Jules Plenum Guard, Shannon Tube, New coils, Emptied ton of water from boot, replaced rear light seals..Double Din unit installed, replaced AC controls with Blue lit ones, new front disks, Number plate light circuit replaced, headlights de-fogged, Breather Pipes replaced... Jobs to do- Paint Callipers, Fuel Tank Cage to be replaced, Fix Bonnet release as currently opening with pliers... and continue NOT to tell the Wife how much I'm spending
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cw1uk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2018, 20:57   #135
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw1uk2 View Post
Wishful thinking sadly. However, I came accross this some time ago, likely to have been posted before, but seems like a good thread to drop it into.

I never visited the site sadly, but these images gave me a good feel for the place.

https://pro.magnumphotos.com/Catalog...-NN145582.html

Sadly when Rover was conned into non existence with a few people getting rich on the Government bail out money for supposedly carrying out consulting work, That was the demise of the last volume British car maker.
At this time Reliant became the largest volume British car maker. Then Beans went to the wall. Leaving ???????
I guess no volume British car maker.
I live less that three miles as the crow flies from Linwood the home of Roots group twelve miles from the Singer car plant and nine miles from Hillington where there was another small car plant. At the time when Rolls Royce Aero made aircraft engines. I still have my new Merlin and Gryphon pistons. I have milled out the latter cut through the gudgeon pin as an ash tray.
There is no British volume car maker left, a sign of the times. No where near me is there a plaque for any of the lost car companies.
Or the aero engine division of Royces it is so sad. The Railway bridge on the way down from the retail and car sales park is badly needing a coat of paint as the Linwood bridge clearly displays the old advert for Chrysler home of the Horizon and sunbeam. Not to mention the Avenger, Minx, Repairer, imp, husky, to name but a few. I was always the bad man in the village as 80% of the workforce worked either in the car plant, pressed steel, with many others working in the shoe lace factory. Or in the next big town Paisley in either the truck building plant, or the thread mills.
All is now gone with little evidence of it ever being here. The old Anchor thread mill is now flats. So that building will be around for a few more years. But the rest is shops or industrial units or Houses.
We are currently experiencing a massive house building campaign. Currently in a three square mile area from my house, the builders are building 1300 four and five bedroom houses. But they are not building any schools, I must be missing something.
Nobody cares about the local history here I see the Rover plants being forgotten. The local milk boy asked me last week what kind of cars was it I had sitting on my drive, I told him the were Rover 75s, he asked me who Rover were. I asked him if he had heard of the Roots Group or Chrysler and again he did not know what I was talking about.
I find it all very sad.
In less than half a century it has all gone.
Did you hear the one about the Prime Minister who went to the bank to get a loan to run her Country, she told the manager that she needed ten billion a week to run the services, and a further five billion per week to service existing loans.
A said the Bank Manager and what is the country’s income, oh she said we currently sell five billion a week, but we are dropping three billion of that in a couple of years by coming out of our biggest market. The Bank Manager laughed and showed her the door.
No person in their right mind would ever back a business plan like that but both the Scottish Parliament and Westminster think these kind of bankruptcy plans are a good way to run a country.
It’s a MP thing you know.
Sorry if I have upset anyone but the truth hurts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote