Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd May 2013, 21:46   #14521
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Ah,but you only put it on when you saw a member of the constabulary in the dark,of course AFK
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 21:57   #14522
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
My parents passed away within weeks of each other a while ago Phil, we inherited their house. We are still of sorting out what we are keeping out of the two houses (we have at least two of everything!) and preparing our old house to go on the market.

We liked our house and neighbours, well some of them but it was a fairly new (therefore "compact"!) house in the middle of an estate, look out of the window all you could see were other houses. Here we are in a row of just four cottages, we know the neighbours and they are fine, look out of the window you look straight over the River Forth estuary to Fife. I posted the pic below a while ago but I've added it again so that you can see what I'm talking about.
Quote:
As I said Phil, it is getting "easier" but we still have down moments, my father had always been fit then had a major stroke, I think my mother couldn't go on without him.
Sorry to read this Steve, hadn't seen anything mentioned on here about it before now.

I lost both my parents in 2010, less than 6 months apart. Mum first, then like your Mum I think Dad just gave up....

Mum had been in a nursing home for a little over two years, with six months in hospital before that. Like your Dad she suffered a stroke, which took away her independence, which she hated.

Nice view they had though, now you can enjoy it too and remember the good times you had there.

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 22:44   #14523
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Sorry to read this Steve, hadn't seen anything mentioned on here about it before now.
Ian, it's a bit easier to talk about but, at times, still very difficult to deal with the fact they were taken from us. The dogs in my signature, Milka is ours, Abbey was my mother's dog, obviously we "adopted" her..

My father was a very fit 79 year old, walked the dog every day, cycled into town for his paper weather permitting. In the garden one day stroke hit him like a bolt of lightening. Because he was so fit he hung on for 12 days slowly going downhill, never regained consciousness. I'm not sure what was worse, seeing my father going downhill or watching how seeing him like that was tearing my mother apart. Him passing away was probably for the best, apparently the stroke had been based in the brain stem so if he had survived hard to say how much of him there would have been left. My mother was crippled with arthritis and my father did everything around the house. My wife and I lived only a couple of miles away, we spent more time with my mother than we did at home and my aunt came up from the Borders and stayed with her as long and often as she could but we couldn't replace my father. My mother took her own life just two weeks after my father's funeral.

Could kinda come to terms with my father's death, he really knew nothing about it but my mother's passing was, and still is, very difficult to deal with. She did it while my wife and I were in the house, we were in the lounge watching TV, she was in the bedroom supposedly having a lye down and, obviously, we found her but she was too far gone. After 24 hrs in intensive care we gave the go ahead to switch the machines off.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 23:20   #14524
v-man

Quote:
Ian, it's a bit easier to talk about but, at times, still very difficult to deal with the fact they were taken from us.

My father was a very fit 79 year old, walked the dog every day, cycled into town for his paper weather permitting. In the garden one day stroke hit him like a bolt of lightening. Because he was so fit he hung on for 12 days slowly going downhill, never regained consciousness. I'm not sure what was worse, seeing my father going downhill or watching how seeing him like that was tearing my mother apart. Him passing away was probably for the best, apparently the stroke had been based in the brain stem so if he had survived hard to say how much of him there would have been left. My mother was crippled with arthritis and my father did everything around the house. My wife and I lived only a couple of miles away, we spent more time with my mother than we did at home and my aunt came up from the Borders and stayed with her as long and often as she could but we couldn't replace my father. My mother took her own life just two weeks after my father's funeral.
Steve I cannot imagine what that would be like deal with, I really can't.

My Mum lived (if you could call it that) for two and a half years following her stroke, unable to look after herself or to even converse properly. Whether she was in the hospital or the nursing home Dad would visit every day, rain, shine or snow. The only days he missed were when he was ill and even then he would fret that she would wonder where he was. Not bad for a man in his late seventies/early eighties.

When she passed away it devastated him, not that he ever said anything to me about it, I just knew it and I think with her gone he lost his reason to carry on, so just gave up on life and slowly went downhill.

Old 23rd May 2013, 23:38   #14525
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

About to do one more thing before bed. Heading for the wanted section looking for a Symphony head unit as I have my doubts about the one I bought on Ebay. 9 days ago I got it for the opening bid of 99p + £10 postage but it still isn't showing as dispatched and the seller isn't responding to messages or emails. Seller has been sent a message and email warning that if nothing happens tomorrow I'm going to open a dispute.

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 23rd May 2013 at 23:42..
Old 24th May 2013, 00:10   #14526
v-man

Quote:
About to do one more thing before bed. Heading for the wanted section looking for a Symphony head unit as I have my doubts about the one I bought on Ebay. 9 days ago I got it for the opening bid of 99p + £10 postage but it still isn't showing as dispatched and the seller isn't responding to messages or emails. Seller has been sent a message and email warning that if nothing happens tomorrow I'm going to open a dispute.
Yes, I read about that earlier. I am guessing they wanted a higher price.....

Old 24th May 2013, 04:47   #14527
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Good morning Chill outers any body in the kitchen yet
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 05:52   #14528
NigelOBB
This is my second home

04 Rover 75 Contemporary SE - 53 Rover 75 Connoisseur -94 Mercedes W140 - 72 VW Beetle 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
Good morning Chill outers any body in the kitchen yet
Morning Derek poached egg ok?

Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to.

NigelOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 06:21   #14529
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Morning Derek, Nigel, usual coffee before taxi duties to collect Ging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Yes, I read about that earlier. I am guessing they wanted a higher price.....
If that was the case should have set a starting price.

T4 Location Map
Old 24th May 2013, 06:31   #14530
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelOBB View Post
Morning Derek poached egg ok?
That will do nicely Nigel
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111