Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th March 2014, 22:17   #141
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andydote View Post
Apparently 2 metal objects floating west of the Australian coast turn out to be Rolf Harris's missing laptops.

I like that

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 14:57   #142
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post

What was not revealed at the time was that a secret system of hydrophones was strung out over the seabed to monitor Russian sub movements and that the Gaul pretty much went down right on top of it.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist. Well, okay, I am, but don’t tell anybody - I wouldn’t want them ganging up on me. But sometimes I can’t believe how naïve some people are about world affairs.

For strategic reasons the Malayan Peninsular, Indonesia and the South China Sea are the most heavily electronically surveilled area on the planet. Yet not only is the doomed ‘plane apparently unable to be located by the country of origin, but, and despite of, eight countries being involved in the search with multiple vessels each, there is still no sign of it.

There is obviously a blanket suppression of information, possibly due to other atrocities being suspected. Can anyone really accept that a government would take the blame for such a shocking failure to locate this ‘plane unless it was heavily leaned on? The families of the deceased seem to be the very least of the priorities. Maybe that explains the heavily guarded press releases and increasingly embarrassingly awkward spokesmen put up to bluster.
Old 31st March 2014, 16:32   #143
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Perhaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
I’m not a conspiracy theorist. Well, okay, I am, but don’t tell anybody - I wouldn’t want them ganging up on me. But sometimes I can’t believe how naïve some people are about world affairs.

For strategic reasons the Malayan Peninsular, Indonesia and the South China Sea are the most heavily electronically surveilled area on the planet. Yet not only is the doomed ‘plane apparently unable to be located by the country of origin, but, and despite of, eight countries being involved in the search with multiple vessels each, there is still no sign of it.

There is obviously a blanket suppression of information, possibly due to other atrocities being suspected. Can anyone really accept that a government would take the blame for such a shocking failure to locate this ‘plane unless it was heavily leaned on? The families of the deceased seem to be the very least of the priorities. Maybe that explains the heavily guarded press releases and increasingly embarrassingly awkward spokesmen put up to bluster.

Worth remembering that this is a very remote and fierce part of our planet. The sea is often more than two miles deep and the wind and waves are truly horrendous. 60 foot plus waves. It is just possible that even if they wanted to they will never find it. Single handed yachtsmen/ women know that rescue is unlikely there if disaster strikes.
Agree it is strange it took them so long to narrow search window down a bit though.

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 18:40   #144
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Why are they looking where they are looking? Just because it could have got there doesn't mean it did?? It could have gone down anywhere on this alleged new route; if you are looking for something/someone surely you start at the beginning and not the end of the journey???

BW
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 20:32   #145
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
Why are they looking where they are looking? Just because it could have got there doesn't mean it did?? It could have gone down anywhere on this alleged new route; if you are looking for something/someone surely you start at the beginning and not the end of the journey???

BW
They are working on a theory that it kept on flying, until it ran out of fuel. The original theory worked on it flying at its usual cruising speed, whicch would have it run out of fuel later on the route, so further south. The latest theory suggests it was flying faster and therefore ran out of fuel 800miles sooner and further north.

They have to decide on a limited search area, because the distances are so vast. It seems perfectly sensible to me, with no other clues and no other 'sightings', to assume it flew until it ran out of fuel.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 20:09   #146
Borg Warner

None

You now what the definition of assume is Harry? That's said with extreme tongue in.

Anyway the Malaysian Authorities have cleared the passengers, so that rules all of them out(?), still looking at flight and ground crew though.

The search continues; see that Tireless has been deployed to the area to assist:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26845118

Pinga, Pinga, Pinga.

BW
Old 2nd April 2014, 20:39   #147
neilbaker86
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
You now what the definition of assume is Harry? That's said with extreme tongue in.

Anyway the Malaysian Authorities have cleared the passengers, so that rules all of them out(?), still looking at flight and ground crew though.

The search continues; see that Tireless has been deployed to the area to assist:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26845118

Pinga, Pinga, Pinga.

BW
Well lets hope HMS Tireless doesn't get fed up and call it a day. I think the likelihood of finding this any time soon is rapidly slipping away.
neilbaker86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 21:12   #148
Borg Warner

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbaker86 View Post
Well lets hope HMS Tireless doesn't get fed up and call it a day. I think the likelihood of finding this any time soon is rapidly slipping away.
Don't think Tireless will get tired. Gives the crew something else to track, sharpen the skills in another area.

I wonder were she was before????

BW
Old 6th April 2014, 09:07   #149
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

So.Have the Chinese located a signal from the black boxes?

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2014, 09:33   #150
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

I read that they have heard something on the expected frequency that pings every second. 'Most likely' the box they are looking for, as the frequency for black boxes been chosen because its unique and not likely to be a spurious signal from anything else.
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote