Notices

Old 15th May 2023, 08:23   #170191
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgies Dad View Post
Morning Jeff,I have that done every year,I am not too keen on the eye drops and flash of the camera when they take a picture.
Morning Steve,

I'm afraid its a bit more than that for me.
Haven't really posted about it on here what with all the other things peeps are going through but....

I'm having three monthly check ups as I have diabetic retinopathy. So far I have had five lots of laser treatment to hopefully prevent further damage/loss of vision.
I might have to start having injections into my eyes as well. It's been put off on my last two visits but will find out later today.

This is on top of my annual diabetic eye screening which is what picked up the problems in the first place.

The laser treatment does have an effect on my vision and I have to have a peripheral field vision test after each laser procedure to make sure I am safe to drive still!

Such fun
Old 15th May 2023, 10:22   #170192
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Morning Phil,

How big is your generator ? What can you keep running when it's put into use?

Have a afe flight on Tuesday.
Please pack that sun in your luggage with you on your return to Blighty at the end of the month

Morning Jeff and thank you for asking.

A beautiful start to the day here, no wind and no rain, temperature about 21C Our last day in South Africa.

I managed to ring London this morning and book a CT Angiography of the abdomen and pelvis for post op follow up and spoke with the surgeon in London about also booking vein mapping by ultra ultrasound scan 2 June on the right leg for the bypass operation in London.

The surgeon will need to strip out the Saphenous vein about 12 inches of it from above the right knee to use it for the bypass graft in the repair of the right knee aneurysm.

The vein mapping scan will show if the Saphenous vein is useable or not.

Some photos I took this morning with the phone…..in “Auto” edit mode.

Generator and quad bike belongs to the tenant. The generator powers anything on a socket but will not do the ceiling lights which must be on a different circuit? It will allow us to boil a kettle, run the TV/DVD player, table lamps and refrigerator. You know more about these things as anything electronic is your specialty.

View from Granny pad lounge bedroom

View of lawns and pond

The perimeter electric fence dividing garden and the nature reserve

The perimeter garden electric fence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2023, 10:36   #170193
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts
Default The Chill Out Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Morning Steve,

I'm afraid its a bit more than that for me.
Haven't really posted about it on here what with all the other things peeps are going through but....

I'm having three monthly check ups as I have diabetic retinopathy. So far I have had five lots of laser treatment to hopefully prevent further damage/loss of vision.
I might have to start having injections into my eyes as well. It's been put off on my last two visits but will find out later today.

This is on top of my annual diabetic eye screening which is what picked up the problems in the first place.

The laser treatment does have an effect on my vision and I have to have a peripheral field vision test after each laser procedure to make sure I am safe to drive still!

Such fun

Thank you Jeff for writing this up and for letting people know about Diabetic Retinopathy and what you are going through as well as it’s treatment. It’s something a lot of us fear and do not want to talk about it. By writing it up, you are helping those understand it better.

Hopefully your treatment carries on without the need for the injections. Remember (Woof25) Mike my neighbour RIP, he had 12 injections into an eye for a severe eye infection.

The injections worked for him 100% and he also suffered from Diabetic Retinopathy, but were not very nice for him. What got him at the end was nothing to do with cancer or diabetes, it was caused by a pulmonary embolism, a sad loss and a great friend RIP

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 15th May 2023 at 10:40..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2023, 12:57   #170194
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts
Thumbs up

The BIG SHOP done & dusted, Well my missus has persisted & spent all morning trying to get hold of the right people/dept at Bolton hospital & hey presto she got to the bottom of it, I wasn't on the system anymore for some reason !!!! & this should have been sorted out with a six week follow up call I was supposed to get after I'd finished my Christies radiotherapy treatment to arrange these PSA tests. It's all being set in motion again & appointments being posted thank heavens.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto

Last edited by Lancpudn; 15th May 2023 at 16:48..
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2023, 16:54   #170195
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Bootiful warm afternoon here & I got lots more re-potting & planting done, I chopped down a huge comfrey plant to make liquid fertiliser for this years tomato feed. I'm having one of those homemade corned beef & potato pasties with crinkle cut chips & peas for tea tonight, My Missus is having a ASDA beef lasagne & I've done a pork shoulder chop with crinkle cut chips & peas for our daughter.

Old 15th May 2023, 21:27   #170196
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thank you Jeff for writing this up and for letting people know about Diabetic Retinopathy and what you are going through as well as it’s treatment. It’s something a lot of us fear and do not want to talk about it. By writing it up, you are helping those understand it better.

Hopefully your treatment carries on without the need for the injections. Remember (Woof25) Mike my neighbour RIP, he had 12 injections into an eye for a severe eye infection.

The injections worked for him 100% and he also suffered from Diabetic Retinopathy, but were not very nice for him. What got him at the end was nothing to do with cancer or diabetes, it was caused by a pulmonary embolism, a sad loss and a great friend RIP

Hi Phil,

Just as an update ....No deterioration detected in my eyes so no further treatment required at this time.
Back again in three months time.

Mike was an interesting character indeed. He also could eat a hearty Little Chef Olympic breakfast with the best of us. Taken far too soon.
Old 16th May 2023, 05:56   #170197
coolcat
This is my second home

Morning all,
Gloriously sunny start to the day here

Fence staining day for me today. Lets see what the ratio of stain on fence to stain on me is when finished
Old 16th May 2023, 06:23   #170198
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning g everyone from sunny Cornwall.

Very good day yesterday. Dropped my repeat prescription off at the chemist, then onto the jewellers to get a battery for the watch I always wear, I bought for Val on our 2nd anniversary. She wore virtually every day till she passed away. And since then I have worn it every day since.

Then over the bridge and into Home base, bought my new rotary line plus a cover. Got a couple of spools for the trimmer. Bought some boxes of slug pellets.

Home and had the rotary line installed in a jiffy.

But my greatest achievement yesterday was I managed to cook my first jackef spud in the air fryer.

234,744. Next tour starts on the 5/07/24.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2023, 06:52   #170199
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Its a beautiful sunny day here this morning

Thanks Phil once again for the lovely pictures,especially the one of that beautiful lady

Jenny Raytor

Grass cutting duty later,we lopped the neighbours Beech tree yesterday as it was blocking the light

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2023, 07:09   #170200
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Morning all, Overcast day here but staying dry.