Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd November 2014, 15:54   #1961
iandux
Loves to post

At last....75 Facelift Connie

Fitted my towbar - just got the wiring to do now.

• This vehicle was the 96,129th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 2,123rd 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
  • This vehicle was the 394th 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
iandux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 16:36   #1962
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Front subframe is now treated and painted, new clutch fitted.....I have a suspicion the new slave is a Freelander item, as the pipework is slightly different.

The subframe was the long job, removing the box and doing the clutch took less than an hour..

Still the time consuming jobs are the cleaning and preparation of things like driveshaft splines, even silly things like washing out the dust and brake fluid gunge from inside the bell housing.

Of course I ran out of daylight, but no rush, job is not going to be done again in a hurry

So LUK clutch fitted, AP (Genuine Rover) master, LUK slave from Andy Willi which was destined for another car, but needs be as needs must

I'm not in a hurry and the job will be done right, no shortcuts, no corner cutting, or cheap parts used.

Hopefully will last a bit longer than the Wanjitown Siming Mountain "honest it's a Borg & Beck" junk that came out

Subframe will be refitted tomorrow after injecting some moly grease into the lower arm ball joints, and refitting of the antiroll bar

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 17:14   #1963
Big_GT
Loves to post

MG ZT 180+ SE

Fitted electric rear sun blind :-}
Rover 45 Club SE Stepspeed - Moody Blue
Rover 75 Connoisseur SE Tourer - Nocturne
Rover 820 Vitesse - Zircon Silver
Big_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 17:33   #1964
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Played around with the wifes new (ish) BMW (E46 2002)
Started with the non operational rear wiper, (knackered gearing & seized crank arm)

Some *** had been fiddling and many fuses were out, when I did a scan of the systems and reset all the little bits they had played with I found the ABS, cruise, PRS, speedo action etc all had issues, slowly going through them, now left with a radio that wont come on any more, a seatbelt pre tensioner and a drivers side reverse lamp with a good bulb that wont light...

Enough for tonight, will dream of these and the small leak into the passenger footwell overnight....
Old 2nd November 2014, 18:11   #1965
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Sounds like you have been, and will be busy!
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 18:12   #1966
charlie 22
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 2.5V6, Mazda Cx30

Did a father and son day on the car. First job was to do the spy hole mod but with our inpatience drilled the hole in the wrong place lol but the second attempt was perfect now need to buy TWO 25mm rubber bungs lol. Then it was time to do the rear passanger light cluster.
As with all tourer light clusters the plastic tabs that hold the two retaining screws have snapped. So had an idea, mine have snapped only half so i could stick two washers on either side and Araldite them this did work a treat. The problem now is the light cluster does not go back on properly at the top, we think it is the top sprigit, it needs or is missing a nut at the back to hold it in further.
Hopefully next pay day and a nice warmish weekend i will meet up with my father to finish off the job and start on the other cluster.
charlie 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 18:15   #1967
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie 22 View Post
Did a father and son day on the car. First job was to do the spy hole mod but with our inpatience drilled the hole in the wrong place lol but the second attempt was perfect now need to buy TWO 25mm rubber bungs lol. Then it was time to do the rear passanger light cluster.
As with all tourer light clusters the plastic tabs that hold the two retaining screws have snapped. So had an idea, mine have snapped only half so i could stick two washers on either side and Araldite them this did work a treat. The problem now is the light cluster does not go back on properly at the top, we think it is the top sprigit, it needs or is missing a nut at the back to hold it in further.
Hopefully next pay day and a nice warmish weekend i will meet up with my father to finish off the job and start on the other cluster.
Wish I could do the same... cherish every opportunity..,
Old 2nd November 2014, 18:23   #1968
wooly12345
Gets stuck in

Rover 75

Thumbs up

I too second the above!
wooly12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 18:33   #1969
charlie 22
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 2.5V6, Mazda Cx30

I do and i understand my father more now than ever but it has come at a price. I am now 38 and a lot older and wiser. I appreciate more than ever what my father has done for myself and my brother and can never repay him.
He is also getting older (71) his mind is willing but the body is not so i feel there was a lot of missed opportunities back in the day when we were younger. I was a different person back then and did not take full advantage to spend time with my father . So am in my way trying to make up for lost time with small fun things to do together now.
charlie 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 19:20   #1970
iandb1970
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE Tourer 2.5 V6 Auto Hi-Line

I read this thread with such envy: firstly I am not a mechanic and no such skills (even simple DIY is not me even though I am scientist by background - I guess I am a theorist as I like to know what needs doing but cannot do it); secondly I do not have children!
iandb1970 is offline   Reply With Quote