Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st June 2012, 20:50   #1
bigbird
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 V.V.C.. Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover54 View Post
I am not going into the politics of this club, but to say the 'club' (limited company) is providing a service to provide a forum so that 'members' can exchange views of these cars and help each other with technical problems. It also forms a social catalyst for like minded people.

How the club is run is not really a matter for the 'members' providing it is providing the brief that it set out to achieve. I think it fullfils that role; members have the choice to opt in on a free basis or subscribe for £10 annually which in my opinion is very good value for money. I think the testiment is the number of members plus the active postings daily which shows the club is working. I am not saying the club is perfect, but that doesn't really matter providing it is providing the role it claims to provide.

Remember nobody is forcing us to join and contribute and in doing so we all must accept the rules laid down as part of the clubs goverance. As long as the club meets my needs I will continue, however if there comes a day when I am unhappy and after consulting the management I am still unhappy I will leave without kicking up a fuss and find my fulfilment elsewhere.

I certainly will not comment on the rights or wrongs of another member or ex-member as to their conduct, that is not my place.

I wholeheartedly agree with these comments
Old 22nd June 2012, 15:24   #2
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover54 View Post
I am not going into the politics of this club, but to say the 'club' (limited company) is providing a service to provide a forum so that 'members' can exchange views of these cars and help each other with technical problems. It also forms a social catalyst for like minded people.

How the club is run is not really a matter for the 'members' providing it is providing the brief that it set out to achieve. I think it fullfils that role; members have the choice to opt in on a free basis or subscribe for £10 annually which in my opinion is very good value for money. I think the testiment is the number of members plus the active postings daily which shows the club is working. I am not saying the club is perfect, but that doesn't really matter providing it is providing the role it claims to provide.

Remember nobody is forcing us to join and contribute and in doing so we all must accept the rules laid down as part of the clubs goverance. As long as the club meets my needs I will continue, however if there comes a day when I am unhappy and after consulting the management I am still unhappy I will leave without kicking up a fuss and find my fulfilment elsewhere.

I certainly will not comment on the rights or wrongs of another member or ex-member as to their conduct, that is not my place.
Hi. I have just sent Christopher a message saying more or less what you have posted. As far as i am concerned, if members do not like what is going on, or wish to go else where, please do.i will still be here, along with all the other true members of this great club.
Old 21st June 2012, 20:34   #3
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
That this thread is closed so the membership cannot respond

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=112927
Theres only one reason to respond directly on the thread and that's so others can see what has been written, so as others have said, a PM should suffice
Old 21st June 2012, 20:52   #4
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Ive been on many a forum following CCFC and from time to time this crops up. Its a forum OWNED by an individual. If he or she see`s fit to run it in anyway they chose they are entitled to. If you dont like it, spend the time and energy setting up your own members club.
Its a Rover 75 and ZT owners club not a government site. Put up or start your own jobbie.
No one likes to be told how to do their jobs so lets leave it at that as we all seem to get along and at the end of the day share a common interest.
Old 21st June 2012, 21:03   #5
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

[QUOTE=coab;1034924]Ive been on many a forum following CCFC [QUOTE]

There is no hope for you young man
Old 21st June 2012, 21:11   #6
pob06
Gets stuck in

Starlight Silver ZT+ manual diesel saloon, Black X-Type Sport SE Diesel estate, manual.

[QUOTE=trikey;1034937][QUOTE=coab;1034924]Ive been on many a forum following CCFC
Quote:

There is no hope for you young man
snigger...........

Membership number 1044 -- Apparently in 1044 Henry III, Holy Roman Emporer got bored and invaded Hungary.
Old 21st June 2012, 21:14   #7
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

Hang on while I switch hands
Old 22nd June 2012, 08:09   #8
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

At the end of the day, Christopher own's this site, so if you don't like it here, or the way it's run, or the Mods etc etc, then "other sites are available!"

My only comment would be that it seems a strange way to run a Limited Company, but if you don't like it here then you should either start your own site or move to another one, as any suggestions of change or "improvement" is clearly seen as dissent and will be met with a banning!
Old 22nd June 2012, 08:14   #9
BIG LEK
Banned

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
At the end of the day, Christopher own's this site, so if you don't like it here, or the way it's run, or the Mods etc etc, then "other sites are available!"

My only comment would be that it seems a strange way to run a Limited Company, but if you don't like it here then you should either start your own site or move to another one, as any suggestions of change or "improvement" is clearly seen as dissent and will be met with a banning!
See your point mate, but I know BBM used to be a mod here, so he can see things from both sides not just one such as us
Old 22nd June 2012, 08:37   #10
nick nick
Retired

R75 CDTI SE ( N80 UTD )

Surly freedom of speech applies to us all Christopher included .
This forum is all about opinions and from time to time we have been reminded
of this by the mods.
Now it strikes me that your entitled to an opinion on here as long as you dont
ruffle the feathers of Christopher and his team personally i found a lot of what
Mick said was his honest opinion and he has been given a life ban for expressing
it.....Now if there is more to this that meets the eye then lets have it out and put this to bed once & for all
Closed Thread