Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th November 2007, 12:06   #11
JohnFol
Gets stuck in

75 Conn SE - X***VWY

new 330 BMW. 16 faults in the first 12 months
also a vectra GSi that I drove into a ford (the water type). took the fun out of having it, so got rid of it straight away.
and then there was the laguna. Good car, but warranty expiring, and unlike Rover where you could buy an individual bolt, everything was a complete assembly
JohnFol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 14:13   #12
tourerfogey
Banned

Cars I hated? Well there's the Sierra mentioned in the cars you regret selling thread for starters. Didn't stop me buying another one a few years later when I desperately needed transport though.
Then there was my first ever car - A 1960s Riley Kestrel - horrible wollowing suspension because the Hydrolastics were shot, and smelly rotten carpets. It did have the twin carbed A series engine though so it was fairly quick off the line - trouble was, the rear subframe was so rusted I lived in fear of pulling away and leaving it behind!

My '98 416 was ok but I didn't like it at the time because I'd sold an earlier 214 which with hindsight turned out to be the better car.

Then there was the Triumph Herald I bought with my brother - we brush pinted it in what was supposed to be 'Rally Red' but turned out to be a ghastly orange......
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 15:11   #13
oakridge
Loves to post

Toyota Prius III T-Spirit

Definitely the All-aggro, it was just 'orrible. We used to leave it on the drive and in car parks with the keys in but nobody would pinch it. Eventually the front suspension collapsed, Morris Minor style, and we sold the bits for more than its second hand value. We only bought to ease the burden of the Land Rover's 17mpg.

Malcolm
oakridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 20:14   #14
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Reanault 5 Campus.

It was truly a shocking car, unfortunatley it was also very reliable and economical which meant I couldnt really justify getting rid of it.
It had no performance.
It had no comfort.
It had no space.
It had a bizare stalk sticking out at right angles to the dashbord. (Wipers if I remember).
It had no rear wiper!!

Never forget taking some friends down to the Lake District. We were going up some pass or other and everyone had to get out because we stared going backwards!!
Good times but awful car
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 20:19   #15
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

Pug 206. I bought one just off the line when they were introduced.

3 Years & 40,000 miles later it had almost fallen apart.

Shocking quality.
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 21:12   #16
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Honda Accord Coupe that I traded my 1st 75 for - A great looking car that promised much and delivered little.

Kept it for 8 months and couldn't stand the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- interior and gutless 2.0 SOHC Vtec any more.

Final straw was when bits of trim started falling off and the auto box started making expensive noises.
Old 20th November 2007, 19:24   #17
sworks
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

not mine but my wifes-went to buy an MG Maestro in about 1988, she went with her dad who persuaded her to buy a 1.3 Maestro instead!! lasted 6 weeks and was replaced by a shiney new XR2

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 17:24   #18
tourerfogey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
not mine but my wifes-went to buy an MG Maestro in about 1988, she went with her dad who persuaded her to buy a 1.3 Maestro instead!! lasted 6 weeks and was replaced by a shiney new XR2
wifes????

Are you a Bigamist??
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 17:46   #19
rapid6
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Arrow

Talbot Horizon.......Yes i know!

17 year old , first car, £90 from market, on motorway, engine mounting broke, lots of nasty noises, hard shoulder, remove plates, walk home, never seen it again........Oops Sorry your honour

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ooh Suits you...Sir!!
rapid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 20:02   #20
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Ford Focus, 1.4, 2001 Y plate, traded it in fr the 75 which was the same age cos I hated it so much! Underpowered, basic cheap interior, and complmentary paddling pool in the passenger footwell. Suspension that collapsed at a moments notice, hideous car.

Not my car, but hated my Dad's Talbot Samba, awful!