Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd April 2015, 20:34   #11
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Blimey Gary your post puts my current health problems into perspective.

Words fail me on this one .

God bless you .
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 20:34   #12
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Gary Gary Gary, words seem inadequate my friend, after the recent loss of your soulmate & dearly beloved recently, this is a kick In the nuts for you. I sincerely wish you all the best, & hope your family rallies round to give you the best possible time.Keep us updated, & most of all, keep in touch
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 20:39   #13
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

I'm really sorry to read this post Gary, I wish you all the comfort possible in whatever time you have left. God Bless You and your family.
Old 23rd April 2015, 20:40   #14
championdaddy
This is my second home

Mg Zt 190

Only met you once, but could tell you are a real gent.

Bad things befall good people.

My prayers are in your direction chap.
championdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 20:49   #15
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

So sorry to hear your news Gary. I wish there was more we could do than offer words of sympathy. As you know this is more than just a run of the mill car club, anything you need just say, there will be a queue of members looking to help. Take it easy, try to make the best of it even though you have a hell of a cloud hanging over you.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 20:50   #16
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandy View Post
I know this is first and for most a car club,not a not a confessionary for illnesses , but feel I must talk to someone or go mad as I am on my own now ,and yes I still talk to her but she is no longer with me after 59 years,so perhaps I am going mad,get straight to it or knowing me I will be here all night some couple of months ago found hard lump under the front of my ribcage went to my doc about it and he instantly said well that is your liver and will send you for ct scan said I expect it could be return of your Cancer from couple of years ago and he was spot on unfortunately , the worst part about it this time is there is nothing they can do,it's terminal what can I say after such a statement I am noticing it in my driving and walking giddiness our loved ones are out there so have not driven since my audi a4 2.7tdi is up for sale on e bay I wont put the item number down as I may be breaking the rules of the club,am going to hand in my driving licence too,but have had a ball with you guys of that thank you very much it was great being a part of a great club,going to cut it short guys started on this thread feeing quite ok but in this short time don't feel so good.====GARY.
Hello Gary, this is a devastating situation, and takes real guts to write what you did. I am not able to offer you any comfort apart from the following :
Tragic stuff happens, and the difficulty that humans have is, how the hell do I get my mind around the new situation? often the mind cannot comprehend the situation all that well, sometimes the need for others to offer kindness and compassion works, other times it does'nt. By no means am in your situation and I cannot comprehend your situation either, but during my life several tragic events have made me realise how fortunate I have been believe it or not, I have looked back several times at my childhood, and my youth. This has helped me so much. My upbringing was hard and a strict discipline regime, we also have love through the family, lovely holidays and plenty of fun and laughs. The good times memories make me smile and please me. At the age of six, after being very poorly for almost 12 months, I was finally diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, my childhood was wrecked, I felt so detached from normality, can't eat this or that, can't do this or that, injection after injection daily, I had a hard time with it, and things are not great now. It is common for 5 or 6 shots a day, countless blood tests as well. My illness has had knock on effects with parts of the body like the eyes, (Lost one so far) nerve dysfunction in both legs and feet to mention a few. This in no way is to compare with your diagnosis btw. My wife asked for a divorce less than 12 hours before major eye surgery, I miss my beautiful 4 year old boy who I see most week ends. I sometimes look into my injection bag and question the point of continuing with this! I could deliver a sizeable injection that would put an end to all my suffering and would take less than half an hour to be complete. But here is why I dont, My family (whats left of it) lost my natural dad 26 years ago (Killer heart attack). And my step dad 5 years ago after a hospital blunder. So my son Brendan, my suffering Mother & brother and a number of really fantastic friends some of whom are club members. Another reason I carry on is the memories of enjoyable times I had, and some to come.
This must be so hard for you, and I really cant offer you anything more than my wishes for you to enjoy your memories of good times, folk you have met and funny stuff that happened to you in the past.
I hope that if you are going to suffer with any pain, that you are offered proper pain relief management, and that you will receive the best possible help.
If I have'nt caused you more upset or annoyed you too much, and I can be of help by just chatting from time to time, please say because if that's all I can do to help, I will do it.
Bless you. John H.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 21:13   #17
david75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conn SE, 04

Hi Gary
I do not have adequate words to respond to your post so I will just say that I enjoyed your acquaintance when we have met at the Halfway House and hope you will be able to make it along there some time soon. With very best wishes. David
david75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 21:16   #18
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Gary, I don't know what to say, except be strong and put in a strong fight, don't ever give up, the same goes for you John.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 21:18   #19
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

Hi Gary I have never met you but have spoken via PM quite a bit.
I'm absolutely gutted to hear this.
You are a lovely generous gent.
Can you make it to the national meet? I'm sure someone would come pick you up. Obviously only if you want to.
You know where I am Gary
Regards Thomas
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 21:23   #20
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Hi Gary I've never met you either but can't help responding to such a post. My heart goes out to you and I hope you can find some strength and comfort from the very heartfelt outpouring of support and affection for you on here. I wish you all the very best.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote