Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st October 2013, 20:39   #11
dingl2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNW View Post
No luck, I'm afraid. Have tried everything, but auto-setup for the DVD recorder just says 'no stations found - check aerial connection'. I don't have an aerial of course, just an HDMI cable going from the HD box to the TV.
The VHS player should have an AV channel it could be possible that the scart has tuned straight to that
Old 21st October 2013, 21:51   #12
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Contact Coolcat(Jeff),he is the man to speak to, he helped me out loads with info on this type of thing.
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:25   #13
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

OK, connect the box and telly by HDMI as normal, in addition a scart between the box output to recorder input then recorder output to telly.

Couple of things to bear in mind:

There's no point doing a set up search on the recorder, it is looking for terrestrial signals coming in via the aerial . . . . there aren't any! The signal will come into the recorder from the box by scart to an AV input.

If it is a basic HD box, I presume it is, there will only be a single tuner which means you couldn't watch one channel and record another. What you record is selected using the HD box not the recorder. To record anything you'd need to select the channel using the HD box, set the recorder to appropriate AV input and then record.

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 22nd October 2013 at 11:28..
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:46   #14
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

As an additional note it may be worth making sure that the freeview box will output to hdmi and scart at the same time. I suspect that it won't. Certainly mine won't as I found out whilst 'playing' with it. As I have to use the SCART output due to the old TV refusing to die after 10 years. I set the receiver to HDMI output and lost picture on the TV. (got it back after a reset).

if the above is the case you'll have to use receiver > scart > DVD recorder > scart > TV. This does mean that HD will no longer be watchable. There's probably a menu option on the receiver to select output mode (HDMI/SCART) in the setup options. The tv will have to be tuned to the AV for the scart input (and if recording record from the scart input), hopefully the scart will pass through at the recorder whether it's on or off, you'll just have to try it to find out.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote