Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th April 2012, 15:38   #11
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Very bad what happened to him and his family, and yes the Justice system let him down.
The sentance was far too lenient for the loss of life......But, the Daily Mail should be shot down in flames and I for one agree with most of the comments left at the end of the article.
Lots of pictures of the Deceased in uniform, receiving his OBE etc and then a picture of the Van driver, outside, fag in hand, just so you can make your mind up about his guilt before you know anything about what happened.
Cringe worthy middle class biased Journalism at it's worse!
Agreed, but even if there were no pictures and you'd heard on the radio simply that Mr Smith a van driver killed Mr Jones a cyclists in an accident and got 100hr community service it would still be just as bad!!! and the judge would still need shooting!

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2012, 16:09   #12
oldcarguy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Clearly the van driver was struggling to see, but I cant believe that non of you have ever been blinded by the sun. Only the other morning I was driving into the sun (with dark glasses) and a cyclist coming in the other direction turned right in front of me. Up to that point I hadnt seen him as he had been in shadow. Had I been on a straight bit of road I no doubt would have seen him earlier, but I had just come over a crest on a bend.
If it's true and his life has suffered due to this accident, I dont see that locking him up for years is going to help anyone.
Had the driver been a sexy young lass, I doubt the comments would be as critical.
oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2012, 18:22   #13
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcarguy View Post
Clearly the van driver was struggling to see, but I cant believe that non of you have ever been blinded by the sun. Only the other morning I was driving into the sun (with dark glasses) and a cyclist coming in the other direction turned right in front of me. Up to that point I hadnt seen him as he had been in shadow. Had I been on a straight bit of road I no doubt would have seen him earlier, but I had just come over a crest on a bend.
If it's true and his life has suffered due to this accident, I dont see that locking him up for years is going to help anyone.
Had the driver been a sexy young lass, I doubt the comments would be as critical.
Have to agree. The guy was doing his best, it was not reported he was speeding, useing a mobile, drunk, on drugs, trying to escape the police. There but for the grace of God I think.

Once run a policeman down. Knocked him in to the gutter and his hand broke my windscreen. Which I had to pay for.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote